AAA-P Batteries?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody have any runtime graphs of the ARC AAA-P using NiMh and Lithium Batteries. If i use NiMh will it be less bright? Will it be better Regulated? thanks.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I truly love lith's in the -p. I truly hate alki's. although peter really seems to recommend alki's, i find the semi regulated AAA circuit's brightness trail off to be maddening. I recently have been using ROV 15 min nimh's with good result's. Only a little drop off in brightness from a L-92 lith, and run with a more steady regulation.
I am sure there are better nimhs's
like the sanyo's but the IC3 works well for me. VDG

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got it on the lithiums.

They make an unregulated, or poorly regulated light, like the Arc, and make it LOOK like good regulation.

Heck, for what we spend on these lights, what's a few bucks for lithiums.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah...Energizer lithiums all the way.
buttrock.gif

CFU

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
Yeah...Energizer lithiums all the way.
buttrock.gif

CFU

WORD.

I just wish office depot was selling them for a buck a piece still...VDG

win67

Newly Enlightened
JohnK said:
You got it on the lithiums.

They make an unregulated, or poorly regulated light, like the Arc, and make it LOOK like good regulation.

Heck, for what we spend on these lights, what's a few bucks for lithiums.

Yes, It would be nice to put a lithium in at factory at that price, but they don't. It was difficult/expensive for me to get that energizer lithiums here in germany, so I ordered the energizer lithiums from usa. Very good in the Arc-AAA P, but I have recently suspended the light from my keychain and replaced with a Fenix P1. Awaiting Fenix L0P SE.

Jens

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
voodoogreg said:
WORD.

I just wish office depot was selling them for a buck a piece still...VDG

Nice,

I didn't even know they were available from local retailers. Well, I'll keep my eyes out for another sale.

Last edited:

VJJ

Newly Enlightened
I'm using 900Mah MiMh Tenergy AAA cells from all-battery.com (they also carry lithium AAAs). I only need to change them about every 3 months with average usage. They seem to run at flat brightness to over 5 hours, get down to about 50% around 6 hours, but stays bright enough for 7 hours, with an 8th hour much dimmer & faint... but usable in a pinch. With no light meter though, the brighness was not actually measured scientifically. I see Tenergy just came out with their 1000MaH rechargeables... Sweet! (I don't work for them).

unclegadget.com

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The manufacturer has nothing to say on this thread for 3 months?

I guess we should read the FAQ

1.7v, non-rechargeable Lithium AAA cells will work and have been tested in the Arc-AAA. The light will be slightly brighter and the run time will produce a more flat discharge curve. Runtime may actually be less because of the flatter discharge curve. They also work better at very cold temperatures. These cells can be 4-5 times the cost of a good alkaline. For most people, they are probably not worth the extra cost.

Last edited:

cerbie

Enlightened
EngrPaul: this is a subject that has been beaten to death, had it's zombie torn apart, and the monster made from what's left pulverized. Then there have been musings on the bone dust left over from that.

Unforgiven's reply (post #2) was everything this thread needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.