Top 10 unintentionally WORST company URLs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIM37

Newly Enlightened
The top 10 unintentionally worst company URLs, here we go........

1. A site called 'Who Represents' where you can find the name of the agent that represents a celebrity. Their domain name… wait for it… is
www.whorepresents.com

2. Experts Exchange, a knowledge base where programmers can exchange advice and views at
www.expertsexchange.com

3. Looking for a pen? Look no further than Pen Island at
www.penisland.net

4. Need a therapist? Try Therapist Finder at
www.therapistfinder.com

5. Then of course, there's the Italian Power Generator company…
www.powergenitalia.com

6. And now, we have the Mole Station Native Nursery, based in New South Wales:
www.molestationnursery.com

7. If you're looking for computer software, there's always
www.ipanywhere.com

8. Welcome to the Cumming First United Methodist Church. Their website is
www.cummingfirst.com

9. Then, of course, there's these brainless art designers, and their whacky website:
www.speedofart.com

10. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at
www.gotahoe.com

Edit: # 8 Description changed to reflect accuracy instead of altered church name. - Empath

Last edited by a moderator:

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign:

I have actually been to speedofart before on a 'legitimate' visit.

Geeze, I know how difficult it is to come up with a decent domain name nowadays since every good one is in use or 'squatted on' but man... someone in these organizations should get a clue.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always thought one of our beloved flashlight manufacturer's site was slightly unfortunately named. Technology Associates, makers of the venerable Eternalight line of products uses the following website:

www.techass.com

Empath

Flashaholic
Just a reminder that we are a family forum. This thread could easily compromise our standards if proper thought isn't given to the descriptive commentary.

Illum

Flashaholic
Solstice said:
I always thought one of our beloved flashlight manufacturer's site was slightly unfortunately named. Technology Associates, makers of the venerable Eternalight line of products uses the following website:

www.techass.com

Its easy to remember...just sounds like it sells the same thing as thinkgeek

Chris201W

Enlightened
I suppose it's a lot easier to "see" these when you don't automatically think of them the correct way, as I assume the people who came up with them do...

Delvance

Enlightened
:crackup: Hahaha. I bet they'd look good on a business card too. It's interesting what can slip through these days...info overload i guess.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
User kept giggling when I was helping her with a reoccurring problem.

Let's call her Wanda. She had some examples of the problem so I created a folder for those. Yep. Wandasexample. Won't do that again.

BTW I'm a member of Experts Exchange and the URL is www.experts-exchange.com

That other site looks like a link bank.

Empath

Flashaholic
The concept of finding humor in multiple ways of reading a URL, is understandable. However, the descriptions required in order to "assist readers in finding the unintended way of reading, push the thread beyond the level of acceptability for CPF. The unchecked, or ignored errors in the actual URLs, required to keep "the joke" valid, and the fact that we are dealing with real organizations and real people as the focus of such, is reason to terminate the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.