Jet-I owners: How's the tint?

aceo07

Enlightened
One of the main selling points of the Jet-I, for me atleast, is the white tint that it's supposed to have. However, I've also seen that a few people post that their tint isn't white.

What's the deal? Do you have a Jet-I and what's the tint?

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
I have two... one AA and CR123 each. By comparing both and found one is white tint which make other one bit yellowish tint.
My daugther, Mackenzie, always use Jet I (yellowish tint one) while walking dog outside. All i see is bright white when not comparing. :shrug:

mchlwise

Enlightened
Mine is very close to white. Maybe a little on the blue or purple side. Definitely not yellow or green. It's a LOT less green than my Fenix L2P.

I guess it's close enough to white that it's hard to tell which way the tint leans. :rock:

I wrote a review which has some beam shots:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/124853

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is just ever so slightly warm, but really, it is just nice, pure white for all intents and purposes. The only "whiter" light I have is perhaps my Dorcy Super 1 Watt, but really its a matter of opinion. The Jet-I has a fabulous beam. Now if only I could get a 2 stage switch for it...

ROK

Enlightened
Mine is pure white. It looks like... between WO and XO tint and has great beam quality.
I'm waiting a 2 stage tailcap switch.

Marlite

Enlightened
My JetBeam I AA has the brightest, cleanest beam, whitest light I have. It makes my UK 4AA eLED 5 Star rated, look yellow and outthrows it by far and my MaG 2C too this, while using a single AA or AAA amazing to me. A Dorcy Incan 6V W/ A 4D Garrity adapter wins tho. Read the review and 5 star recommendation by Doug at F/L Reviews. Most of my lights tend to blue tint as I just can't stand greenies which is why I passed on the current Fenixes. Many owners have posted reviews see JetBeam I AA in Reviews. LEDcandle says it's brighter than his Gladius using his light box readings. Somy Nex' great beam shot comparisons will answer all your questions against some very pricey name brands.

Marlite.

Last edited:

HiltiHome

Enlightened
Mine is no. 223 and has a cool white with a little purple tint, when driven from a single NimH-cell.
Very impressive on a white wall, but not very usefull outside...
jetitintpk9.png

Driven from 14500 Lion-cells it shines even cooler and the puprple tint in the spill-beam is more noticeable.

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, I have seen theses codings before "WO" "XO", someone have a explanation of the codes? Thanks....

ROK said:
Mine is pure white. It looks like... between WO and XO tint and has great beam quality.
I'm waiting a 2 stage tailcap switch.

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, from your chart, it would appear XO is the whitest one can get, correct?

HiltiHome said:
Mine is no. 223 and has a cool white with a little purple tint, when driven from a single NimH-cell.
Very impressive on a white wall, but not very usefull outside...
jetitintpk9.png

Driven from 14500 Lion-cells it shines even cooler and the puprple tint in the spill-beam is more noticeable.

HiltiHome

Enlightened
Doug said:
Ok, I have seen theses codings before "WO" "XO", someone have a explanation of the codes? Thanks....

White depents on what you compare it .
WO, XO, VO, are the premium-bins....
WO is closest to daylight, XO looks nice on a white wall, VO may be best outside...

bin-codes explained

Last edited:

Doug

Enlightened
Ok, so, for the example used earlier in this thread,"TW0J" would mean:
T-Bin 67.2-87.4 max lumens, WO is the color, and J- Vf (3.27V - 3.51V)?

I am confused on the WO... there is no "O" on the chart, neither is there a "0" (zero) on the chart .... so what gives?

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
How easy is to replace the emitter.
I have a greenish L2P , busted a L1P trying to remove the pill, and just returned a "Yoda" green Civictor.
Very tempted to buy a Jet1, and I dont care about the tint as long as the LED is accessable

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug said:
Ok, so, for the example used earlier in this thread,"TW0J" would mean:
T-Bin 67.2-87.4 max lumens, WO is the color, and J- Vf (3.27V - 3.51V)?

I am confused on the WO... there is no "O" on the chart, neither is there a "0" (zero) on the chart .... so what gives?

You got it right the first time, except its "0" and not "O".
TW0J = exactly what you said above. Which part are you unsure about?

you have TV1J, TV1L, WWAS etc... all the first letters = flux bin, 2nd and third letters = tint (as in the chart), and last letter = Vf bin.

Btw, my Jet is super white too :D

Latest posts