UK eLED In a UK 2L...Anyone try this? ) or buy Inova XO(new) or Pelican M6 polymer?

DDS

Enlightened
I have had a UK 2L in my glove box for MANY years and it is on the second set of batteries. I have only used the light two times when my car/broke down or had a flat at night. It was indispensible! The head is VERY hard to turn on (two hands, even though lubed). I was cleaning my car out and was checking the UK's batteries and played with it a bit. Realized once again how ringy the beam was compared to my Surefires/Pelicans and why it was relegated to my glove box as an emergency light.

Has anyone put an eLED assembly in theirs? Is the beam nice? What is the tint like? Would it be worth the $$ or just leave it alone and buy an Inova or Pelican noted above?
Thanks! Dave

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: UK eLED In a UK 2L...Anyone try this? ) or buy Inova XO(new) or Pelican M6 polymer?

I have an eLED in my UK2L and I keep it in my car. I really like the eLED, I think its a good tradeoff of runtime vs brightness. It is not as bright as the original bulb, but it lasts longer. Its a bit ringy, but I put some writeright diffuser to help it a bit. I also keep a Brinkmann maxfire in the car for when I want something really bright.

I think the Inovas are brighter but won't last as long and have a tighter beam.

DDS

Enlightened
Re: UK eLED In a UK 2L...Anyone try this? ) or buy Inova XO(new) or Pelican M6 polymer?

cave dave: Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably pick up the eLED and keep the other module in car too. I read that the new Inova with reflector is supposed to have a nicer beam with more spill than the original...about 5 hours duration. Might just get that one too :) BTW, is your head real hard to turn on your UK2L?
Thanks! Dave

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have 2 of the 4AA UKs and the 2L and the heads can all be turned easily with two hands but not with one hand.

DDS

Enlightened

cave dave said:
I have 2 of the 4AA UKs and the 2L and the heads can all be turned easily with two hands but not with one hand.
Thanks. I was wondering if all were like mine, guess they are.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a 2L with a eled in it - works great

pretty bright for a regulated 1/2 watt led light.

I get about 11 - 12 hours of regulated light from 2 123a batterys.

uk has come out with a new led light - the uk fire.

it is a 4 aa powered 2 watt regulated led light.

there is a review of the uk fire in the reviews forum.

I am not sure but I think it's led module/head assembly
would fit on a 2L body.

has any one tried this yet ?

rycen

Enlightened

If it was me I'd leave the UK 2L with its original bulb for car use.If there is any amibiant light it'll drown the e-led head right out.The original beam is not that bad and if it's used in a emrergency situation,does it really matter?

DDS

Enlightened

markdi: thanks for sharing your experience. I'm going to look into the new eLED.

rycen: you know flashaholics , wouldn't hurt to have the eLED in the glove box to switch between the two :); your point is well taken though!

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

my eled module is really bright and white.

I bought 7 uk 4aa eled flashlights from brightguy.

I kept the best flashlight and sold the rest to my co workers.

mine was quite a bit brighter and whiter than the ones I sold.

I should see if I can get a few of my co workers/friends interested in the uk fire so that I can go cherry picking again.

a regulated 2 watt led uk2L would be very kool

there is a 4 watt incan bulb that fits the uk2L.

thw original bulb is 2.1 watt.