O.D. of Surefire KL3 and KL5?

BD457

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum, but have been lurking a little while.

I'm very sorry if this information is elsewhere and I didn't find it.

Could somebody please post the LARGEST O.D. of the KL3 and the KL5 please?

Thank you very much.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
1.47"

By the way, welcome to the forums! Now get over to the Dealers' Specials thread in the Dealer forums and go broke like the rest of us!!!!

Flashdark

Enlightened
BD457,

Surefire FM-6x and Surefire F-7x series filters fit this diameter head. All of the Surefire head diameters for all of their bezels can be found on the Surefire website.

1" - F0x series
1.25"- F-2x, FM-3x series
1.47"- F-7x, FM-6x series
1.62"- F-3x, FM-1x series
2.5" - FM-2x
Z-32 bezel - F-6x (a ******* size)

Hope this helps.

BD457

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the welcome AND the measurement.
Is this an actual "I measured it myself" measurement or a "the catalogue says...." measurement? The reason I ask is the "7" in the 1.47 is .... well............about 7/100" too big for what I need. If it measures out at 1.40" or less, I'm good.

I've been avoiding the Dealers special thread because I have a family to support and I'm SURE that my peeking over there would substantially decrease my disposable income to the point of possible divorce :drool: . How the heck do you guys get away with it?

Flashdark

Enlightened
BD457,

This is the "stated" OD on the Surefire website, and the particular number for the filter that actually fits the head. I'm taking their word for the exact diameter. As long as the stated filter fits, I don't have a need to know the "exact" measurement.

As for the other matter, none of us can afford it either. We are just too sick to care. Also, the divorce is probably cheaper that the eventual cost of the flashlights, and if she doesn't "see the light" you might as well get one or the other started now.

Hope this helps. (The bravery and cavalier disregard for risk is justified by being single and philosophical!!)

Flashdark sends. (from a distance)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats' the official Surefire measurement....

As far as how we get away with it. Well my tactic is to get and keep it hidden for a while then when she sees it, say, " This? Oh I've had this for a while now, where have you been?"

BD457

Newly Enlightened
Possibly no truer words spoken, but alas....I love the home life and think I'll try and keep it going. there's something to say about candle power, flame, etc. Not hi tech, but sure keeps the fire going.

That aside, I have one of those cool latch on filter thingies (it's an industry term) for my M2 and they're far from exacting tolorances as the inside is rubber with a squeeze latch to hold 'em in place. This is what brings to the need for an EXACT measurement of the ACTUAL O.D. of the heads.

I hope I'm not becoming a pest.