LED Mini-Maglite Vs KL1, Arc, etc

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have had several Surefires but finally found that it was not economically justifiable for med to spend that many $ on flashlights, not to mention batteries...

I have decided to buy a LED conversion for my Mini Maglite and I´d like to know:

1. What should I buy?
2. How good do you think is compared to the KL1 and its competitors?

The one I had in mind was the cyan Inretech. It is supposed to produce 30 lumen. But I need your expert advice.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
As a commercially available mod, the Inretech are excellent. However you'll find a few extreme modders on here that have their own "garage shops" who produces something similarly priced with higher light output.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a MadMax from Dat2Zip. It is a drop in module. The Luxeon color is the same as the KL1. Meaning it leans towards the violet side, very bright with good side spill and a nice hot spot.

I put it in a mini mag and it works extremly well. Very reliable and sturdy. A definite four star product.
smile.gif

Here's a link to his store
http://home.attbi.com/~theledguy/cpf_store/cpf_store.htm

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wolfen-

I stuck a BadBoy in a mini mag AA with a Kroll switch. Really like the switch. Have you tried one?

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
The color and brightness of Luxeon is "random". The MadMax I got from Dat2Zip is very white with NO blue/violet tint whatsever.

- Vikas

W4DIZ

Enlightened
I also have the madmax in the minimag with a kroll.This is the whitest luxion out of the five I own.I really like the kroll switch and can highly recommend the above combination.
grin.gif

W4DIZ

Enlightened
Pelle,
Even though you have decided to buy a led conversion,you might want to look at the ARC LS1 Rev2.For the size, brightness and run time,it is hard to beat.I don't leave home with out it.In fact, it's with me all the time. The quality and customer service are first rate!I can't wait to get the new LS2.