Ripoff of the century 7W Luxeon® Super high-flux LED Flashlight

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, it's amazing how much profit these companies make on stuff!!

I have a Gall's (police gear) catalog sitting on my desk, and they sell what we know as the Golston 7W that's private labeled for them for $99.95!

metalhed

Enlightened
I believe both sites are owned and operated by the same firm...

BatterySpace.com/ AA Portable Power Corp.

OpticaSpace / AA Portable Power Corp.

Same business address for both. Nothing mysterious or shady about it, I think. Just an example of web marketing in action, that's all.

On the lumen claim...since Lumileds doesn't make an actual 7 watt LED, I'd suggest a healthy dose of skepticism on that one. :laughing:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, opticaspace = batteryspace.

I know for a fact they're not making mad proft on those though. To buy those lights from a domestic US source, as they are, you're looking at a cost of about $35-40 wholesale with $38-40 being the numbers typically quoted.

So it's really not a ripoff - those lights, from that vendor are simply going through too many hands.

Dae's prices are incredibly low, almost below wholesale. I know what those lights cost directly from the manufacturer and I'd wholesale them for more than he is retailing them for. Keep in mind though that outside of this, and a few other forums, most people don't know about Dae's sites and even if they did might not order from him because he's an offshore company.

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sell brick and mortar wholesale and stay away from the Internet, small more like a hobby. I market Dae's products successfully. The 7w from Dae is incredibly bright. I know how the numbers are tweaked so that the manufacturer arrives at 7w, certainly not the way we accept it. I still do not know the lumen output. I do know in practice the light is incredibly bright and the average consumer is not a flashaholic. Most of my 7w go to first responders and investigators. Performance wise comparing the 7w beam and output against the common brands sells the light. 170+ lumens? Well, maybe not but what gets down range when compared to other lights boasting high outputs substantiates that claim. Performance sells. Soon I hope to get the light to a reputable test to see what the output is. Until then it lives on its merits by comparison.

I have been a BatterySpace.com customer and they have treated me well and I have been please with the products I purchased.

Latest posts