Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liberal leaning

• liberal

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you consider yourself to stand? I get a feeling most people here are gun toting conservatives

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure where I'd actually place, but I feel stuck right in the middle. Agree with some ideas from both conservative and liberal, also think that folks on the far ends of both sides are doing more damage than any one ideology.

You say gun toting like it's a political thing. I know liberal gun owners and anti-gun conservatives.

ABTOMAT said:
I'm not sure where I'd actually place, but I feel stuck right in the middle. Agree with some ideas from both conservative and liberal, also think that folks on the far ends of both sides are doing more damage than any one ideology.

You say gun toting like it's a political thing. I know liberal gun owners and anti-gun conservatives.

Well, I'm sure you do. People tend to say "I personally know the exceptions" and use the exceptions as counter argument.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I don't stand at all. If I am aware at all of a political issue, I try to float to a position that makes sense to me based on my understandings. It seems to me that many issues don't fit the form well of a left to right mapping and once applied, many stand where they are told and not necessarily where they really belong? :shrug:
Yeah,

:stupid:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
Well, I'm sure you do. People tend to say "I personally know the exceptions" and use the exceptions as counter argument.

Huh? I'm not arguing for or against anything, just saying it's not always that easy to group people by actions. I took your phrasing just to be an identifier, not trying to make a political point. Am I wrong?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think the labels of liberal and conservative are so easy to apply. The party that currently calls itself liberal is anything but, and the current party that is "conservative" spends more money than the "liberals" So the words dont mean what they used to.

Since I dont know what the words mean I can't plot myself on your poll, sorry ;)

Empath

Flashaholic
The chances that this thread will lose control is a near absolute certainty. In addition, creating a poll that provides a open listing of member's political orientation creates schisms and encourages members to reference it in regard to future dealings with members.

Creating listings of member demographics, particularly in such areas as politics and religions will likely fail here. It is a good candidate for the Underground, though. Feel free to address the questions there.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.