gone

napalm-2002

Enlightened
Re: ARC AAAA!! body. updated now for sale

i would take whatever got decided on but my first would be the same ha that arc uses and possibly laser etching saying made by cnc dan especially for arc products or something of the sort.

brass would also be great and you could leave it as is with no coating and would be easier for you!

thank dan for making it a reality.

ps i will take 2 brass ones if all else fails.

mike

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

My vote is for bare metal. Sign me up for two!
Thanks.

Reaper

Enlightened

I'll definately take one as mentioned earlier. Brass would be perfect as I like the heft, but would also take whatever you decide on.
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

I'd probably take one but I'd have to wait...I know it's harder for you to do Al because of the HA, but SS wouldn't be so bad would it? I don't want something that is smaller than the AAA but weighs more
shocked.gif

**EDIT**
Let me clarify: If you could do one that weighed less than the AAA body, or maybe a gram or 2 more at most, I'd take one for under $15. If it weighed more or cost $15+ I'd have to think about it...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

I definitely want "at least" one, most probably two, and who knows if they come in different choices!! I like brass, anodized HA, and/or stainless steel (in no particular order). I can't be picky as you are the "man with the plan" and I think you'll make a good choice if it's to be one type of stock.

Of course one would want it to be durable, brass could look bad after it tarnished, but constant use and or "Brasso" would keep it SHINY! Stainless would be durable, eh?

The only thing I would like to contribute is that the straight lines on the one you tested your program on, need to go. Some sort of taper as on the one displayed with the ARC AAA looks GREAT..you also mentioned some sort of convex/concave design?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i would love to have one...but only if it matched the head...this is one of the reasons i haven't baught any aftermarket packs for the aaa.

i know, i'm being picky, but i would really like it to match, preferably with the ha3. i understand this would raise the price, but i *think* most people would prefer a matching head and body (at least i would).

D

**DONOTDELETE**

the DAAAAN light?
wink.gif

Albany Tom

Enlightened

I'd have to say aluminum, black, either HA or regular anodized.

How about "CPF Special Edition"...that way if you make a thousand of them later, it'll STILL be unique...

rick258

Enlightened

Put me down for 2 brass, 1 stainless (or whatever the group decides is best). Rick

bucken

Enlightened

I also would like to see it match the head color better. Wouldn't necessarily have to be a perfect match, but at least reasonably close. I also think that brass would be too heavy for the size.

Would it be possible to get some WITHOUT the extended tab for the keyring, to keep as short as possible?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

the keyring is a must! i really hate loosing things (and everything that isn't attached to my pants gets lost
grin.gif
)

CNC Dan

Enlightened

OK, lets see it I can cover several replys at once.

*** napalm-2002 will take brass, but would like HA like the ARC head, and would like some laser etching.

*** Roy says bare metal is OK.

*** Reaper says brass is OK.

*** Saaby doesn't want it to weigh too much or cost more than $15. Will sell for less than $10 if bare metal. If ano. then I need to see what it would cost for that before I can say what the total cost to you would be.

*** Sigman doesn't care about the metal, but would like a diferent transition than the square shouldered one. If in brass I would like to remove as much metal as possable to keep the weight down. I may be able to make the inside taper like the outside, keeping the wall thickness the same as the body.

I'm going to have to make some drawings to show what I have in mind for the head/body transitions.

*** Rothrandir insists on matching the ARC head.

*** Albany Tom says have it say "CPF Special Edition", in black ano. aluminium, or HA aluminium.

*** Okie wants HA or SS.

*** rick258 wants brass or SS.

*** bucken wants aluminium HA to match the head and no tail hole. I can remove the tail on some before plating for those that want them that way(if we decide on plating).

And that reminds me, I could also get nickle plating on brass or aluminium.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

if you *really* wanted to make me happy, you could offer a tungston model
grin.gif
...i would be willing to pay upwards of $60 for that i think, though it would probably cost much more to make.

PeterM

Newly Enlightened

TITANIUM!!
No, seriously. Most people w/arc heads have black HA. Brass & stlss. stl. will both look good w/ a black head. I like your idea of shaving down the brass thickness to reduce weight. How about 2 runs. One in brass or stlss. steel and the other in HA for those willing to wait, (& wait, & wait, & wait. See UBH post).

Sabby. How heavy could something this small be? You could make it outa lead for godsake.

Sleek, tough, waterproof & bright. I like my flashlights like I like my women.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't heard anything from CNC "Daaaan" since, has anyone...?
Daaaan...? You on vacay? Hope to hear from you soon in '03 Happy New Year!
wink.gif

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened

Hey DAN! Nice work, can you make an 'N' cell version?