KL1/KL4 Positive contact issue?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just cleaning/lubing my lights and I noticed the positive contact on the heads of both of my LED lights seem to be wearing..
PICT0698.jpg

If you look close there are two small holes in the contact, and I am pretty sure they were not there before.. Both lights get tons of usage but I wouldn't have suspected those contacts could wear.. What is the material of the contact?
Is there a way to stop/fix that? Both of these lights are great performers, the KL4 is an outstanding unit in respect to tint so I don't want it to go in to Surefire..
Am I the only one experiencing this?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Contact material is lead, or an alloy of lead. Overtime these will squash down a little. As long as there is enough lead sticking up for contact with the + of battery you have no problems. If lead was totally flatened out you might have problems with contact with batteries without a + nipple. You could always build it up again with some solder, silver solder would be good.

Bill

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
the positive contact was obviously designed for primary cells(duh, I know, I'm a genius like that ;) ) so over time the contact wear can be bad for those of us who use lots of flat top rechargavle Li-Ions. So I just solder circular piece of solder in the flat regions and even out the load a bit and ensure good contact with flatops.