Trouble shoot E2E

Vinnie

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I just bought two new lights Surefire E2E and L4. Well now the E2E will not work. This Light might have 30 minutes on it and no light. First, I change the batteries and nothing, then I changed the bulb, still nothing. So, I took the led off my L4 and the light worked, but I noticed the switch is stuck on and will not go off. But, I put the L4 switch on my E2E that light still won't work. I'm so mad after spending good money on my first real lights ,so I thought. Please help Nick

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you have a problem Z57(switch). Does the switch click? It make be stuck, if it is you can try tapping the side of the switch on a wood surface to see if it frees up.

HTH

welcome.gif
to CPF.:)

Vinnie

Newly Enlightened
With the switch is stuck it will light up the L4 but not the E2E

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even if you twist in all the way on the E2E?

Are you sure it is a clickie? It probably is.

At any rate I would contact the dealer or Surefire about it. If you feel like reading and are adventurous you can read this thread here.

Good luck

Vinnie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. Yes it is a clickie or was. I'll have to contact surefire, I'm just so mad.

Vinnie

Newly Enlightened
I have a ohm meter and was wondering how to check the switch and bulb. Thanks

xdanx

Enlightened
Call Surefire, tell them your Z57 broke, then tell them your address. They will send you a new one for free, no questions asked. You will probably be on the phone less than 5 minutes (if you don't get put on hold).

Paladin

Enlightened
xdanx said:
Call Surefire, tell them your Z57 broke, then tell them your address. They will send you a new one for free, no questions asked. You will probably be on the phone less than 5 minutes (if you don't get put on hold).

This is 100% correct. I called Surefire on the 11th of July, and a new replacement Z61 (black finish) was in my mailbox on the 17th. The least stressful customer service experience I've ever had!

FWIW, my email to SF customer service "bounces", so I would advise picking up the PHONE to insure your problem is handled the fastest.

Paladin

Vinnie

Newly Enlightened
I emailed and called SureFire about my light. I was on the phone about six minutes and they are sending me a new switch and bulb. I ask for a bulb also since this light had very little use on it. I sent them a email late Sunday night and when I check my email atoday at 9:40 am I already had a response back from them. I talked to the guy on the phone and no questions were asked. Thanks Nick Roomano