New here and bought a Surefire G2

txgolfer45

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I just joined CandlePower. I'm in Hong Kong on business. Went flashlight shopping. Lots of no name flashlights here. LED, Luxeon, Xenon, Ultrafire, Superfire, etc. I bought several cheapie LED flashlights that take 3 AAA batteries and then found a black Surefire G2 with the lock out cap for a decent price and picked it up. :grin2:

I also picked up some extra CR123A batteries here too.

Scott

txgolfer45

Newly Enlightened
I thought about getting the Surefire 6P as it was a good price too. But, the G2 had the same power for about $12 less and had the lock out cap too.

Scott

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
txgolfer45 said:
I thought about getting the Surefire 6P ...too.

Scott

Don't worry, just give it a couple of months and you'll be playing surefire lego like a lot of us. I can recommend the KL3 with a 6P or C2 body...!

Welcome to the madness!!!

Be lucky...

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott,

Welcome to CPF! Why don't you stay awhile and enjoy the light!

The G2 is a great light to get you started on the light madness. It's a great introduction to surefire lights!

Mad1

Enlightened
Welcome Scott

The G2 was my first light and my first Surefire too, I've now got a Surefire L1 too. :)

firefly99

Enlightened
Welcome,

Enjoy your G2.

Mind those CR123 batteries you pick up, made sure it is not some unknown brand from China.

hburner

Enlightened
My addiction begin with the G2 also, from there I went lumen crazy!

txgolfer45

Newly Enlightened
firefly99 said:
Welcome,

Enjoy your G2.

Mind those CR123 batteries you pick up, made sure it is not some unknown brand from China.

I picked up some Duracell Ultras. I think they are decent. Are they ok in my G2? I have used them in my Cyclops I got at Sams. They work ok in it.

Scott

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
txgolfer45 said:
I picked up some Duracell Ultras. I think they are decent. Are they ok in my G2? I have used them in my Cyclops I got at Sams. They work ok in it.

Scott

Welcome to the CPF Scott,

I would say the Duracells are great for the G2, but very expensive compared to Surefire or Battery Station or Titanium or several other good brands.

I started out with a G2 also and gradually built up to more expensive and higher output, incandescent and LED Surefire lights. It's a never ending cycle.

Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

luigi

Enlightened
Duracell has many many fakes, please make sure they are original duracells, just compare the package with one bought in the US or a very respected store to be sure. I've seen duracell packages filled with non-duracell imitations, etc.
We say all this because doubtful brands 123s batteries can be dangerous, specially if run in pairs. Make sure before using them that they are charged even, use a simple multimeter to be sure if you don't have a battery tester.

Now BTW: I was in Manila some weeks ago and almost go to HK for a visit, anyting interesting there? They told me the electronics are very cheap and you can get many coold gadgets.

Enjoy your trip!

Luigi

txgolfer45

Newly Enlightened
luigi said:
Duracell has many many fakes, please make sure they are original duracells, just compare the package with one bought in the US or a very respected store to be sure. I've seen duracell packages filled with non-duracell imitations, etc.
We say all this because doubtful brands 123s batteries can be dangerous, specially if run in pairs. Make sure before using them that they are charged even, use a simple multimeter to be sure if you don't have a battery tester.

Now BTW: I was in Manila some weeks ago and almost go to HK for a visit, anyting interesting there? They told me the electronics are very cheap and you can get many coold gadgets.

Enjoy your trip!

Luigi

Hong Kong is a fun and safe place to visit. Plenty of shopping opportunities. Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po both have computer centers where you can get complete computers or components at very good prices. Also good prices on other electronics can be had. But, you need to know what you are shopping for and what a good price should be when you shop. Otherwise, you could overpay.

I don't have a battery tester or multimeter. Any suggestions on where to buy one?

Scott

Latest posts