A2 pocket clip

Dunc5

Newly Enlightened
My old style A2 has a long pocket clip , can someone tell me a bit about it like when and why it was changed and are the longer clips better than the shorter ones ?

Duncan

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
TMK, the longer pocket clip is the newer design, the older design was the short pocket clip of the E2e. I prefer the longer clip as it seems to be a little more substantial. They never seem tight enough out of the box though, I always end up tightening them myself.

a2_064.jpg

batman

Enlightened
on tightening the clip,..

my clip was anchored into place utterly impenetrably. I had to loop the lanyard under my foot with the other end in the clip, then pull up in a deadlift position to remove the clip. it came out at high speed with plastic shrapnel that was never recovered.

But yeah i'm just saying be careful when you tighten that clip if you decide to do so, your mileage may vary.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm glad they come with the long clip. IMO, long clips are much more secure than shorter ones. I even went ahead and got a longer clip for my e2e. :)

SCblur

Enlightened
it's mostly about aesthetics for me. I like the looks of the longer clips. I called SF, and they sent me long clips for my E2e and L4. The shorter clips are tighter, but I fing the longer clip easier to get on and off of my pocket. I've never had one of my lights fall because of a loose clip, but I'm sure the day that happens (and I scratch my light) I'll be singing the praises of short clips. :)

SCblur

Enlightened
I asked them if I could buy a couple, but they insisted on sending them for free. I love that company.