Maglite lovers arise,Walmart 2D 3 watt LED Maglites

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
the wallmart here finally put these out on the shelves too, at those same prices. I found a better deal at Home Depot though. Where the dropins were only $15.98 and while I can't remember the price of the 2D LED Mags, they were still quite a bit cheaper than wallmart. Which is strange...

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Home Depot has a better selection and better prices for the Maglite LEDs

Pokerstud

Enlightened
I am an LED advocate, and as such, can't stand incan's. I gave my two AA mags to CM to convert and donate, which left me with a new ( had it three years) 2D mag. I decided to keep this one for a trunk light, but spent the money and brought the drop in 3 watt. I must say there was a significant difference. Can anyone tell me if the Diamond 3 watt drop in is better? Thx for reading.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up one of these on ebay:
LED drop-in bulb, Cree XLamp, electronic, XPR2,

then a MagLED (2 battery )

They both have the same color, The MagLED is slightly brighter, has a slightly better focus. The Cree was $10 MagLEDs are $16

Don't know about the diamond replacements

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Home Depot is currently only carrying the 4D Mag LED and it's $29.97.

James S said:
the wallmart here finally put these out on the shelves too, at those same prices. I found a better deal at Home Depot though. Where the dropins were only $15.98 and while I can't remember the price of the 2D LED Mags, they were still quite a bit cheaper than wallmart. Which is strange...

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
No they are not, they are the Mag LED 3W upgrades, which should also be available at Target (can't remember the price.) The Nite-Ize 2-6 cell LED bulb is $10 at Target and the feedback on that module on this forum was horrible. I tried one as well and found it to be pretty dim.

JAS said:
Are these the Nite-Ize brand LED replacement bulbs? http://www.niteize.com/productdetai...27&PHPSESSID=f901dee2dd02fd7202c621ac7b030704
I think that they are the ones that I saw at Target for about $20. Does anybody know how well these work compared to others?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Home Depot is currently only carrying the 4D Mag LED and it's $29.97.

My HD here had the 4D mag LED full light, the 4D and the 2D LED replacement bulbs. I didn't price the flashlight, but both dropins were $15.98. At least that is what was on the shelf, and I would probably have noticed in my final bill if it actually scanned at twice that... but I'll check the receipt to be sure. At $30 a piece they are not a bargain...

Latest posts