Rayovac Industrial LED Lights

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone happened across any of the "Rayovac Industrial Long Range LED Flashlight" series?

They come in 1AA, 2AA, 3AA, and 6AA versions. The official Rayovac site offers little info beyond the number of cells, other than that they have "Long Range LED Technology," are "Industrial," and have astonishingly long runtimes.

linerlock

Newly Enlightened
I'm fairly certain I came across the 1xAA 2-LED version at a local variety/discount store.

http://www.theconsumerlink.com/RayovacFlashlights/detail/TCL+M2LED1AABLK/102

I was only able to examine it through the packaging but the head contained two 5mm LED's in a peculiar side by side configuration and the lens/window seemed to have molded-in optics which led me to assume it would have beam profile similar to the first generation Inova X1. It seemed kind of bulky for a 1xAA light and I have several other far better quality 1xAA lights so I passed on it. At $10-$15, it would probably make a good consumer grade beater light for applications requiring low to medium output and long run-time.

steve_vance

Enlightened
ringzero said:
Has anyone happened across any of the "Rayovac Industrial Long Range LED Flashlight" series?

They come in 1AA, 2AA, 3AA, and 6AA versions. The official Rayovac site offers little info beyond the number of cells, other than that they have "Long Range LED Technology," are "Industrial," and have astonishingly long runtimes.

they call them "industrial" because they're part of Rayovac's insdustrial series . That is, they're yellow and made of a grease-and-oil resistant plastic. It appears to me however that these are nothing more than 5mm led cluster lights. They call them long range (I'm betting) because they use a "focusing lens" kind of like we've seen on some of the Garritys and Brinkmanns.
Not to be confused with a good Luxeon LED light, in my opinion. There are a lot of good, "cheap" Luxeon lights out there that would really qualify for the long range designation. Still, I'm glad to see LEDs in any form creeping into "mainstream" retail flashlight sales. The market will sort out what sells and what doesn't :whistle:

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks linerlock
Thanks steve_vance

I haven't come across these yet at any of the places where I habitually check out the Rayovac lights.

Following the link provided above, I came across a interesting Rayovac single LED single AAA aluminum light:

1 LED Metal Flashlight Black, 1AAA Battery Powered

http://www.theconsumerlink.com/RayovacFlashlights/detail/TCL+M1LED1AAABLK/103

Definitely worth the 8 bucks to me, if I ever happen across it.

Probably a lot of the folks on this forum look down on Rayovac lights as cheap junk. I'll admit that some models leave a lot to be desired. However, over the years, Rayovac has managed to produce a number of models that were decent, durable, inexpensive lights.

I've had many Rayovacs over the years that worked flawlessly through lots of hard use: backpacking, canoeing, caving, bouncing around in the toolbox, etc.

I've always had better luck with Rayovac than Eveready, the other common inexpensive brand.