Arc AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyo

Enlightened
These are only available when someone sells one. They were produced by the "old" ARC company. The new ARC company sells only the AAA version, and is working on a modernized CR123 version - AND has publically stated on the ARC forum that there are NO plans for a future release of an ARC AA.

So - your options are limited. Nothing out there now is as small. Peak's Kilmanjaro model is similar, in that it has a 5mm LED, and is actually slightly shorter than the ARC AA if you buy it with a Pocket body. With the keychain body the Kilmanjaro is longer.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
They are not available anymore, but you may be able to buy one on B/S/T here. I have one and the machined knurling is beautiful, and the output is plenty for my uses, about the same as my Gerber Infinity Ultra. Some have modified theirs with newer LEDs or Luxeons, but I have not felt the need to do that either.

By the way, I have looked at Peak's offerings but they appear to have a different "feel" from the Arc... and don't appeal to me as much.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ARC-AA is really sweet. Such attention to detail. I always thought that if ARC had held together that the AA would have had the most potential for sales of any in the line. A truly great light. :sigh:

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Its a great light but the one i have sits in the drawer as i already carry to many flashlights. This one has been modified with a lux and very bright on lithium primaries :)

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish... They are back again ... with the Nichia CS LED ... I imagine Dayssss n dayssss of regulated runtime...

randyo

Enlightened
I too prefer the ARC "feel" to the Peak "feel". If color match is not important, an ARC head fits well on a Peak body. The ARC AA head on a Peak pocket body is quite a tiny little package. A 2-stage luxeon ARC AA head gives you the best overall package. Bright when you need it, and runtime when that's important.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pokerstud,

As well as checking B/S/T here, don't forget about ebay as well, I picked up a mint ARC AA a couple of weeks ago and it's all I hoped it would be. It's on a chain round my neck as I type. I paid £35 for it (Appx 70 US Dollars) and I think the auction was only open to UK - I have seen them on BST for about 50 - 60 US Dollars recently.

As to the new ARC LS check out Gransee's new post today - can't wait!

Seek and ye shall find

Be Lucky...

mridude

Newly Enlightened
I bought three in 2004. I gave one to a buddy heading off to Iraq, gave one to my Mom and kept the other. I think I paid about $35 to $40 a piece for them.

............I guess it wouldn't be right to see if Mom wants to give up hers.......only kidding....she has a new AAA-P on her keychain....hardly uses the AA, it's near her walking staff.

They are as bright as the Gerber Infinity Ultra, I've done the side by sides on them. I don't think they were offered in a regular vs premium choice.

Great light though, tough as nails.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
arc0002.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
I only have a couple... of dead heads and 2 bodies - still thinking about what to do with them. :)

Anybody have 2 spare bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts