Messy hair? Whats up with that?

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Whats up with the new messy hair styles on men that I am seeing these days? Nearly every commercial on TV features some guy with hair that looks like a squirrel is nesting in it. I have also noticed that many young men around town are wearing their hair this way. It is like they just wake up and do not touch it.
I don't get it. Do they really think it looks nice or is it just a new fad that will hopefully fade with time? :huh2:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
At some point someone famous said it looked good, or a celebrity did that and no one told them it looked like crap, so it became popular.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
No idea I'm afraid...my hair has the amasing ability to look like that when I wake up anyway.

...wonder if I should go out someday after blow drying it, when it tends to become a static electricity based lifeform completely its own, see if that turned into a new fashion statement!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Zelandeth said:
No idea I'm afraid...my hair has the amasing ability to look like that when I wake up anyway.

...wonder if I should go out someday after blow drying it, when it tends to become a static electricity based lifeform completely its own, see if that turned into a new fashion statement!
You may become famous!! :lolsign: <- Hey, this guys hair looks like what I am talking about.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
My hair is growing back thankfully. But, it is coming back in much thinner than it was before. Good thing that I always kept it short anyway. :grin2:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't agree more. "Modern men's" haricuts look like complete crap. They all have some sort of extra inch stuck up in the front, or psydo-mohawk. I bet Ed Grimly would be a real stud these days...
I think we should go back to the crewcuts of the 1950s.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like todays hairstyles,

Much more fun than the o`l nice guy look.

edit: You guys are old!! :nana:

my 2.0 cents

Benny

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
MorpheusT1 said:
edit: You guys are old!! :nana:
Benny

:huh: for you.....
wedgie.gif
:p

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I havent had a hair cut in three years, beached it twice and noticed earlier this year it was coming out in clumps when I combed it. I just put it in a pony tail and its half way down my back. People tell me I look like penn and teller. Who knew ?

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
LifeNRA said:
It is like they just wake up and do not touch it.
I don't get it. Do they really think it looks nice or is it just a new fad that will hopefully fade with time? :huh2:
Life, I'll betcha that style (for lack of a better word) takes more time to achive than if they did it regular. I also think it's a stupid style, I haven't seen anyone who looks good with it. When we see someone on TV with that style, my wife usually comments about them not owning any mirrors. :grin2:

Cliff

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cobb, you have at times posted about wanting to start out fresh, new job, get out of a rut improve your station in life, which is admirable. One thing to think about, grooming is extremely important in business. Employers in the professional world, be it right or wrong, DO judge on appearance just as much as ability. In some cases I have seen very sharp dressed, manacured and pulled together individuals move into a job they were in no way qualified for, simply because they impressed the 'ell out of the interviewer.

You might try a decent haircut as a start to that new life. Nice suit, shoes etc. all the business attire. Just an idea :), since you ask sometimes for advice. Please do not take it wrong, But Penn Gillete(sp) is not exactly a role model for business attire, no matter how much I like him as a performer.

nisshin

Enlightened
These hairstyles might have been influenced by "manga" comics like Dragon Ball Z, or even the earlier Calvin & Hobbes (Calvin's hair, that is).

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose its not so much the messy hair as the 'dont have to do anything to it' hair. I dont think I've combed my hair since the 7th grade :D

When my hair is to tangled or dosent look good, its time to get it cut.

The glory of it all, is that I can get up, take a shower, shake my hair and go. Its slick to walk into 1st peroid with your hair frozen..... or maybe its just me :D