Is there something wrong with my Fenix P1?

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
I just got my P1 from Lighthound and I think something is wrong. I put in a slightly used SF123A and nothing happened. Then I tried a new Battery Station CR123A and it worked, kinda. It wasn't even as bright as the keychain light included with my order.

I waited for a RCR123A to charge and tried it. The light was now on par with my Fenix L2P.

Any ideas about what's going on? :thinking:

carrot

Flashaholic
My Fenix P1 works fine with used Surefire cells (from my incans... the E1L leaves too little juice left) and Titanium cells. On fresh batteries it is as bright as my L2T if not marginally brighter.

The P1 you have may use the old style foam donut inside the body tube. Removing the donut or getting one of the new-style donuts should fix the problem. Fenix-Store.com offers new-style donuts free to all its customers, but I'm not sure what Lighthound's policy is.

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
I looked and there is no donut, not in the light or in the packaging. It's almost like the regulator was tuned for RCR123A's.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire cell won't work because the spacer at the bottom of the cell stops contact with the case. The BattryStation should work fine, either the cell is dead or the light is bust.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like carrot, my P1 works fine with Surefire 123a's. And that's with or without the foam donut in the bottom. Right now I'm using it with the new donut from 4sevens.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine came in yesterday, I'm running an Enerzier Photo Lithium cell without a hitch. Right now I'm putting it through the mill:
*6hrs of Texas heat
*8hrs in the freezer
*2hrs in a larger beer mug full of...water
If it can survive that, I know I've got a winner! While on a night walk, it seems to blow away my QIII!

chiphead
walking through life at DEFCON-3

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Lighthound last night and received a reply in a few minutes. He's exchanging the light. Can't wait to see what the P1 can really do.

REparsed

Newly Enlightened
I received my replacement P1 from Lighthound today and I love it! He sent the new light and a post paid return envelope in one package, very convenient.

I can see this light, with an RCR123A becoming my EDC.