UK 4AA eled (standard): availabilty update

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, it appears that UK had discontinued the excellent UK 4AA eled (original light) a while back :(. Many members here liked this light. Its replacement, the 4AA eled zoom has not been as well received, and has had its problems. The original light is becoming hard to find. Even Defense Devices no longer has them. The best price I could find was at Premier Online Products at $26

http://www.premieronlineproducts.com/scripts/default.asp

and Pocketlights.com still has some. I wish UK would bring back this light :(. It is a great light and runtime is superb. Sometimes good products get lost in an attempt to have newer product releases. Just because something is new, does not always mean better IMHO.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
I love my UK 4AA eLED. Built tough, great regulation and runtime, plenty bright enough - shame about the slightly dodgy beam though. All I wanted UK to bring out was the exact same light but with a dome luxeon instead of the side emitter. I guess Streamlight got in there first (with the Propoly lux) and cleaned up!

DDS

Enlightened
Is the beam produced a flood or spot? Is it a clean beam without artifacts? I was thinking of buying the eLED module and converting my UK 2L.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
If you go to the link provided below you will find the UK Unilite eLED at
BrightGuy. If you take the bezel off of the 90 degree attachment and put it directly on the light you have the original UK eLED light with the 10 to 12 hour runtime light that we all know and love. Plus you get a bonus, the pocket clip is a great accessory to have. Good luck.

http://www.brightguy.com/detail_int.php?Sku=UND14414

HDT = Happy Dark Trails

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, ok. So the unilite angle piece comes off and you can put the bezel on like the old light. Cool! I was wondering if that was the case. Thanks for confirming it!!

Solar Wind

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for the info. I have been looking at that with regard to it's usability.

I had an old UK 4AA and lost it some time ago. I didn't realize how great a lite it was until then.

David_Campen

Enlightened
UK Unilite eLED at
BrightGuy. If you take the bezel off of the 90 degree attachment and put it directly on the light you have the original UK eLED light with the 10 to 12 hour runtime light that we all know and love.
Thanks, I ordered a couple of those. It is too bad that these older 4AA LEDs are being discontinued.

On a related note: I was going to order a couple of UK4AA 4-watt Xenon lamp modules along with the LEDs. I was shocked to discover that BrightGuy now lists the retail price for these UK4AA 4-watt Xenon lamps at $30! IIRC, the price used to be half that and the 2.1-watt bulb still is. Charging $30 for this xenon lamp module is ridiculous.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
There goes another forum favorite..guess I gotta use Streamlights now

BTW: hows the new firelight?

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I saw even the UK 4AA eled unilite is going away too now :(. Soon the only alternative will be to buy the led replacement and get the incan model. Then you will be up over $40.00. Very unfortunate. I wrote them and asked that they bring back the old favorite. Fat chance I bet, so it looks like a good light lost.

Last edited:

spock

Enlightened
early on i bought 2 of the uk 4aa eled lights. the rubber on the switch cover(of one light) fell apart. called uk and they had me send in both of them(in may). they sent me 2 new 4aa eled lights! great service. on the new lights, the switch cover seems to be made of a different material. they must be keeping some in stock for warranty adjustments.