Streamlight task light 1xAA questions

Gatsby

Enlightened
This light seems to be quite under the radar in discussions of long run time backup lights (overshadowed by the ubiquitous Inova X1 and Gerber/CMG Infinity, as well as new luxeon pocket lights), but in the one review it appears to be a quite handy light.

Has anyone done any runtime tests on this light on high and/or low settings? At this price point I'm suspecting the answer to the following is no - but does it have any regulation? Any pictures of it beside say an Infinity or X1? Any comments on the beam or even better beamshots?

Thanks in advance!

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of info in the review section HERE including discussion of beam. There was another thread on it a while before that too but I didn't see it. I have written reviews of it at least a couple of times.
It is just about as tall as the X1 but has a slightly wider body and a much wider head. In my opinion, well worth the money they charge for it.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gatsby said:
This light seems to be quite under the radar in discussions of long run time backup lights (overshadowed by the ubiquitous Inova X1 and Gerber/CMG Infinity, as well as new luxeon pocket lights), but in the one review it appears to be a quite handy light.

Has anyone done any runtime tests on this light on high and/or low settings? At this price point I'm suspecting the answer to the following is no - but does it have any regulation? Any pictures of it beside say an Infinity or X1? Any comments on the beam or even better beamshots?

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, I don't have a working digital camera at the moment or I would post some pics and beamshots.

I have the equiment to do runtimes but not easily. I'd have to manually write down a meter reading every so often, and it would get pretty durn boring with a long running light like this. Eventually, if no one else does a runtime, I'll do it myself out of curiosity.

This may be of help to get a feeling for runtime. I got two of these lights about a week-and-a-half back. Out of the box they looked equally bright to me shining on a white wall. One hasn't been used since. The other has been used daily for at least thirty minutes per day, some days for an hour or more. Use about evenly split between high and low.

Just now, comparing the used light to the unused light in a dark room on a white wall, I still can't tell any difference in brightness.

Regulated? I don't know. But I'd say it performs pretty damned well for the price.

Try one - you'll like it. (Even if you don't like it you're only out twelve bucks.)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bright is it compared to say a X-1 or a newer x2 Photon? I haven`t heard anyone say, or give a comparison.

Ken