Idea for those multi eyed Luxeon Mods

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those mods with multiple Luxeons. I was wondering how it would work out if two of them were lensed for a relatively narrow beam and two with a wide beam. Or maybe three and three. Would this be a good area light with a nice beam in one package?

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Imagine a Luxeon ring of 5 watters, now that would be some kind of unreal floodlight!
Actually many months ago I had ordered a ring of regular Luxeons just after another sizable order, turned out my whole order was puke greenies, so when UPS showed up with a several hundred dollar Luxeon ring I sent it back to Future-Active.

Never bought another luxeon after that.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel,

Have you tried the side emitters? For some reason they seem to be pretty white. I just got another one from Future, and it's almost dead on as usual in terms of color.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
All my projects are in my designated area 51.

In other words much like what PK has done by closing his projects webpage its not open for discussion from me.

However I do have an interest in multi function hybrids of 20lumen/500+lumen HID + LED compacts for tactical usage.

Also is the emergency location light for survival purposes say for downed pilots/at sea rescues that has a piggy backed green laser to aid rescue aircraft in location in all types of weather. Kinda like an A2 but with two levels of light plus emergency visible line green laser.
The laser diode will actually be inside the bezel of one version with 2 LED emmitters, a Luxeon 5w may be central light source.
All of this can be installed in a floating container, salt water activated with cycling laser pointed upwards. I think its a good idea.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice daniel! sounds kinda 'spencive though!!
grin.gif

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I've done a multiangle beam output torch in 5mm LED's but not Luxeons! (See Blueross 4033)
One Luxeon is plenty bright enough for me at the moment. A torch using a ring of 5W luxeons would have to carry a very heavy battery supply!
But a ring of 5W luxeons on a motorbike mounted as a headlight, that would be really something!