The cloning never ends....

roguesw

Enlightened
actually i am not surprised to see this from manufacturing plants in china
it happens often, and its not even cloning, the same factory manufacturing Fenix just sold unbranded ones to another company for them to put their names on it
it happens a lot with computer products from china, e.g low end consumer products like hdd enclosures,
i used to work for a computer distributor in NZ, and we had 4 different brands of the same type of hdd enclosure using the exact same chipset, just the external design was differnt, e.g different name and coloring
this is one way for the manufacturing plant to gain extra sales by selling to another company
and the other thing could be that fenix and these companies are somewhat related, e.g under an umbrella group coorporation, similar practices are often found in asian countries, companies have financial ties to each other
but mags, yeah, it peeves me if i buy from one source for a specific price and then turn around and find the exact same product rebranded by an unknown company and sold for cheaper

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think this is a clone. BTW this is made in Taiwan, not China.

Never have experience on this one but heard that version 1 has some minor problems (namely, contact in tailcap switch and plastic reflector not being heat resistant). Hope these bugs are fixed in version 2.

LED Cool

Enlightened
hi everyone,:wave:

i have been lurking here since 2003 but never registered to post. From the CPF forum, i have learned a lot about the technology involved in making a good flashlight and have spent a fortune on LED/XENON/HID lights!!!:broke:

decided to post my 1st post here because my friend, Dreamer, has asked me to share more info here about an LED light that, according his words, should deserved more attention.

so here goes....

the LiteFlux LF1 Version 2.0 uses a T bin Luxeon III & comes with 2 bodies (1AA & 2AA)

as far as i know the LiteFlux LF1 V2 is made in Taiwan. Not China (i am not trying to imply anything negative if it is made in China, i own a few china well made lights!)

the many differences between Version 1.0 & 2.0 are as follows.

LF1 V2 has a more stable tail standing ability. i.e. tail press button does not protude out.

Removeable Stainless Steel cosmetic ring added to the body and extention tube of LF1 V2.

LF1 V2 comes installed with a black silicon tail button AND a spare red one. V1 only has a black one installed. no spare.

The holster has been improved so that it fits both 1AA & 2AA configuration.
the holster belt loop is velcro attached. not stitched.

LF1 V2 circuit has been improved to give slightly longer runtime in both 1AA & 2AA configuration.

2 important & new features added to LiteFlux LF1 V2 are

first, a true momentary clickie tail switch & :goodjob: :rock:

i have a surefire Z48 HA switch and i can honestly say that the operation and switch travel of the LiteFlux's 2 stage true clickie is quite similar to the Z48.

you press in about 1mm to turn on and press a further 2 - 3mm to click on.

second, hi & low 2 stages by twisting the tail cap. (low is somewhere around 5 - 10% with my not so scientific eyeballs) :goodjob: :twothumbs

hi / low is activated by twisting the tail cap 1/8 to 1/4 turn. lock out is achieved with 2 - 2 1/2 turns.

there are 3 methods/modes to use the 2 stage tail cap.

high mode - fully tighten tail cap. press or click button you get high beam. twist for low.

low mode - loosen tail cap 1/2 to 1 turn. press or click button for low beam. twist for high.

low mode with momentary high - loosen tail cap about 1/8 turn.
press lightly, you get low. press further, you get high. press even more and the light clicks to low. while click to low, you can press the button to get momentary high. :drool: :naughty: :whistle:

finishing is claimed to be HA III black. but i have no way to test its hardness. feels nice in my hands though and my friends say they preferred the look and feel of the anodizing. :shrug:

you can rotate the bezel for flood or spot or you can remove the bezel and use the light as a candle ( just like a M@g 2AA) BUT with hi / low output!

By the way, all the parts (LED engine/brass heat sink, reflector, glass lens, 2 stage contact ring, clickie switch) are removeable with the correct simple tools. None are epoxy or seal.

well quite a long first post. gotta go. any questions i will try my best to answer. thanks.

LED Cool

Rando

Enlightened
So it looks like a 1 or 2 aa light, with an included extender tube. This looks pretty cool, any online retailers yet?

Chao

Enlightened
Cliffnopus said:
It's funny, even the web sites look similar.

Cliff
Their web pages were designed by the same company, I think:grin2:

teststrips

Enlightened
I'm thinking this is a clone of the jetbeam

I'll be sure to watch liteflux's website for the 3 stage version

I'll also be curious as to if jetbeam's 2-stage tailcap works the same way as this one does.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plastic reflector again... no good. Will form bubbles near the ream after long use. What are the dimensions of it anyway? Just wondering if it can be substituted with such options as McR18 or a Fraen LP.

BTW, how do you get all these spare parts?

Last edited:

LED Cool

Enlightened
well, as far as i know,

LiteFlux LF1 V1.0 was announced (in taiwan) in mid January 2006.
sales and delivery started in mid February 2006.

at the time of announcement, the LF1 V1.0 main features are
T Bin Luxeon III
Input voltage 0.9V - 4.2V
Includes the 2AA extention tube
reversed clickie
HA II black
clear AR coated lens
Rubber tail button

LiteFlux LF1 V2.0 was announced in mid May 2006.
sales and delivery started in early July 2006.

Improvements/newfeatures are
Hi / Low 2 stage tail cap
true clickie
improved circuit
HA III black (claimed, not proven by independent party yet)
Silicon tail button plus spare
Serial number added at circumference of the stainless steel ring

so one will have to make his/her own conclusion whether LiteFlux is a copy of any other LED lights.

LED Cool

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Cool, you have not answered my question regarding the dimensions of the reflector concerned, can you help me?