• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest - 2nd Run THE ORIGINAL SF-M6 XTN36 Tube for Regulated 4800mAh Packs

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interest - 2nd Run THE ORIGINAL SF-M6 XTN 36 Tube for Regulated 4800mAh HDM6 (Or PIR) Packs

Original Thread

XTN36

36mm Extension Tube to fit SureFire M6 *Length see Note*

- Allows 4800mAh Regulated-Rechargeable Battery Packs to be used with the SF M6
- Gives ~60min MN21 HOLA Total Runtime
- Fully Reversible
- Direct-Swap use of MN20 and MN21 bulbs - XTN36 is designed to fit with the AWR-HD4800 regulated packs.
- Plus the added capability to also be set to use MN20 plus other HOLA+ options as required.
- HD Soft-Start for extended bulb life
- 36mm is shorter than 52mm
- 0mm is shorter than 26mm

- HD4800 Packs +Chargers Available from AndrewWynn here

The XTN36 is designed to fit with the AWR-HD4800 regulated packs that allow instant-swap use of MN20 and MN21 bulbs with the added ability to also be set to use MN20 plus other HOLA options as required.

Example - The XTN36+HD4800 pack allows the use of the Osram 64275AX Super HOLA without undue cell stress plus std. MN20 LOLA

Express you Interest

XTN36-GR.6082 is HAIII Grey made from 6082-T6 Standard Hardness Aerospace Aluminium Alloy (Vickers Hardness 95) Medium/High Tensile Al-Alloy (max-310MPa) source:(MatWeb)

AWR - AndrewWynn is currently offering an HD-M6 mod. here with a Hotdriver and a 3300mAh rechargeable pack.

I have been exploring with him, my local machineshop, and an anodising company the idea of offering a super-power version using a 40mm extension tube and a 4800mAh battery pack. This extension will allow either an AWR-HD or a PIR1 regulator to be fitted.

This is how the conversation started . . . here from #115 (my PIR-M6 Tester and MN21-Osram35AX mod are slightly earlier in the thread + all the background to the HD-M6/PIR)
AWR - AndrewWynn is currently offering an HD-M6 mod. here with a Hotdriver and a 3300mAh rechargeable pack.

I have been exploring with him, my local machineshop, and an anodising company the idea of offering a super-power version using a 40mm extension tube and a 4800mAh battery pack. This extension will allow either an AWR-HD or a PIR1 regulator to be fitted.

This is how the conversation started . . . here from #115 (my PIR-M6 Tester and MN21-Osram35AX mod are slightly earlier in the thread + all the background to the HD-M6/PIR)
How about a 4800mAh super-pack option ?
I've been looking into getting 40mm extension tubes made for the M6 - Aircraft alloy, sympathetic design and HAIII hard anodised.

With these extension tubes you could just lengthen your pack to 3p2s-17670 protected AW-1600mAh and have room for an HD or a PIR1 utilising your New-TailCup. AWs 17670s are listed at the same price so for a little more we get a bump-up from 3300 to 4800mAh !

I can get them made and send them to you for inclusion with a super-pack upgrade if you wanted to do this depending on response. I would need 10 units to start this off as the CNC machine setup cost is the biggest factor.

10 gives a starter figure of £35( ~$62) per (including anodising +postage) - This is based on their guess of how long it will take to setup the CNC-Machine from my M6 and could be slightly more or less but seems reasonable.

So - to sum up - for about $62 (EDIT:Now inc. post) we can add another 20minutes runtime to the HOLA-HDM6 / PIR1

~$12 per 20minutes-HOLA Std. dimming Primaries (SF batteries)
~$120 ~ 40minutes-HOLA Regulated(+100%) 3300mAh Li-Ion
~$180 ~ 60minutes-HOLA Regulated(+200%) 4800mAh Li-Ion

So - Who wants one (or two?)

Please Express your interest and any questions

Pete

*PLEASE NOTE: 36mm is the Nominal Length (Body-End to Tail-Shoulder=36mm) and should not be used as mission critical datum - actual extension / overall M6 length must be determined from actual M6 +XTN +4800 used (Total Overall Length increase less than ~39mm including internal options).

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. nzgunnie
2. AlexOZ
X. Lips - Picked one up on the GREY Market[/ color]
3. bakemono 415
4. rdh226
5. Razvan
6. JMJ
7. Hogokansatsukan
8. grift
X. xraydoc ? Now a Black owner . . .
9. gdict
10. Wooniris
?

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I'll look mighty silly if I get a 4800 pack and can't fit it inside an M6....

count me as interested in one grey!

Razvan

Newly Enlightened
I'll take a grey one if the option to upgrade to the 4800 pack is available when the second run of xtn's starts selling.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Razvan said:
I'll take a grey one if the option to upgrade to the 4800 pack is available when the second run of xtn's starts selling.

Hi Razvan

Seems like the old chicken and the egg !

When the 4800 packs are available in-hand then there maybe more interest in XTN36s - and everyone with an XTN36 is just waiting to try it out with AWR's pack

Cheers Pete

ps. Hi Dizzy

Last edited:

JMJ

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I would definitely be interested once I can grab a 4800 pack :D

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogokansatsukan said:
I'll sign up for one XTN36-GR.6082 (HAIII Grey).

Hi Hogokansatsukan

Added to interest list

- for some reason I have been getting no notification of posts to this thread ? so sorry for the delay Hogokansatsukan.

There have been some odd things happening with my e-mails lately - some on the Nano topic to AWR seem to have gone astray ! ? !

Anyway - still trying to get another project together to help make the anodising affordable and waiting for the 4800 packs to hit the asphalt . . .

Cheers Pete

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
rdh226 said:
OK, I'll bite -- why am I Xed and in blue?

-RDH

Hi RDH

I thought I saw you buy one from eric so you are still on the list but not so definite until I hear more news . . . I think thats what happened anyway.

Lips has just confirmed he has a Grey one now too so he's officially off the list - Thanks for the update Lips

Just trying to get a good picture of the state of play !

Cheers Pete

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
petrev said:
Hi Hogokansatsukan

Added to interest list

- for some reason I have been getting no notification of posts to this thread ? so sorry for the delay Hogokansatsukan.

There have been some odd things happening with my e-mails lately - some on the Nano topic to AWR seem to have gone astray ! ? !

Anyway - still trying to get another project together to help make the anodising affordable and waiting for the 4800 packs to hit the asphalt . . .

Cheers Pete

No problem. I've been out of town for the past two weeks with very limited internet access. Just got to dive back into the forum this last weekend.

rdh226

Enlightened
petrev said:
Hi RDH

I thought I saw you buy one from eric so you are still on the list but not so definite until I hear more news . . . I think thats what happened anyway.
I did (wow, I'm impressed you caught that!), but I'm still in for a second one.

-RDH

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
grift said:
if i can still get a 4800 pack then im in for a grey one.

Hi Grift

When and if I can get more XTNs made AWR will make packs to order, size as requested, until he has no more drivers - as long as there is a "buy it" button on his thread he is still making HDM6 packs is my understanding.

Cheers Pete

grift

Enlightened
petrev said:
Hi Grift

When and if I can get more XTNs made AWR will make packs to order, size as requested, until he has no more drivers - as long as there is a "buy it" button on his thread he is still making HDM6 packs is my understanding.

Cheers Pete

yea i thought the same about the buy it button still being there. thing is i dont wanna get a 4800 pack only to find out i cant get an extension. id really really rather have the 4800 pack though. its got quite a bit longer runtime.

anyways is there like a certain number required before this is financially feasible? if so how many we gonna need before its a go?