Black & Decker Led Lamps(both corded and recharagable.)

Newuser01

Enlightened
I saw them on the end cap at one of the Target stores.
I belive that they are $29 each and has 28 some odd led's.

Any1 using them yet? Wonder if they are worth it!

They are orange colors and seems to be well built. One model is rechargable and the other is corded. They are priced same.

lumenal

Enlightened
I saw those Black and Decker LED Lamps at Target,also located on an endcap. But what I also saw were the 12 LED flashlights (Black and Decker) on clearance for $14.98. They are made by Vector,and come 2 to a blister pack. They are a silver color,and come with 2 sets of red,blue,and amber lens covers,as well as 6 AAA batteries. As typical for multi-LED lights,they have a flood type beam(good for close-in operation). The ones I purchased had a nice white tint,with no artifacts. Not bad for $7.98 apiece.

I think those Black and Decker LED Lamps aren't far behind for clearance,so I may pick one up then.

Newuser01

Enlightened
Did not notice those 2 packs. Would like to try it out!!

Guess that means another trip to Targ@t super again!! hehe!

Still looking for impressions and/or what type of battery is in the rechargable led work lights!!

Any1!!

May be its not flashlight so no one wants it!

Arggggggg!

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up one of the Bright Bar rechargeable light sticks. Haven't cracked it open yet to see the batteries. I suspect low MAH nicads or NIMH as it states in the literature 8 hours only for charging. Not smart then. It does get hot while charging.

I bought it thinking I would swap out the China made led's for some brighter Nichia's but it is bright as is.

I should be disecting it later today.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The battery looks like a NiCd 1500 pack. Three cells in light green shrink wrap. Only marking is HY1500AA 3.6v. Hyhung battery or something like that.

lumenal

Enlightened
Good info Pellidon; I'm going to pick up one of those 26 LED " Bright-Bars". They should be going clearance soon at the nearest Target here. All the other Black and Decker LED products have; the most recent being the "Snake" light. I arrived too late for that one- they were all sold in less than 1 day...

Newuser01

Enlightened
These would be good to use as desk lamps with a celphone power brick, if you can find the one that fits (meaning volts, amp combo)!!

Thanks for all the info sofar!

Newbie:grin2: