So Close to ordering HDS B42

conor

Newly Enlightened
90.00 @ battery station + ?? shipping.......
comes with 10 CR123's

My only other lights are a slightly modded QIII and Inova XO

I dont know if I'm gonna do it....I plan on pulling out the stock LED and putting in a UXOJ Led if I do buy it to make it a brighter light.

Talk me out of it. I'm going to sleep now. :whistle:

GregWormald

Enlightened
Don't do it, mate. You really don't need 4 well-chosen levels; or a light that is a handy size for pocket carry; that has one of the best switches in the business, or an HA3 coating. You definitely don't WANT one either--despite the fact that it is a bargain. Resist, you won't be sorry. I didn't, and now I must have a U120 or whatever comes next.
Greg

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy it. Just do it. The only possible regret you'll have is that you didn't buy an Ultimate 60 instead.

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
I was going to advise you to buy the light, but don't do the mod as it's doubtful you'd see any improvement. But then I realized you're talking about a B42, not a B42XRGT. So I got nothing. Buy it. Mod it. Take before and after readings so we know what the gains are. I don't believe there is any better EDC light you can obtain for $100.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't do it man!

Buy the B42 XRGT instead!

Walk into the light... and welcome to CPF!!!

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
I've been happy as a clam with my U60XRGT (I really wanted a U85GT). Expect your B42 to be almost as bright, missing the bells and whistles, but very nearly as handy as the U60. Henry at HDS may be a sphinx when it comes to new product previews or telling how his creations work internally, but he's johnny-on-the spot if you have trouble. Good man ... good product.

conor

Newly Enlightened
you guys are no help..... How do i get banned from this site.....it would save me tons of money..... HDS B42 is sitting in my cart right now. ...............

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can always sell it on BST if you dont like it, but you WILL like it. Its a very very nice light, I edc'ed one for about 3 months, and it was a very nice setup.
BUY IT! trust me, 90 dollars isnt alot of money anymore. This place will run your wallet dry and make your nights light up!
-bobby

Robban

Enlightened
DOOO EEEEEEEET!

Does that help? :D Personally I've sadly never even handled any of the HDS lights (or Arc4 for that matter) but just from reading about it and all the positive reviews, I think you should go for it.

carrot

Flashaholic
The HDS EDC lights are nice. Not the prettiest around, but functional and the light levels seem well chosen.

revv11

Newly Enlightened
Asking us if you should buy a an elegant superior HDS light is like raising a red flag in front of a bull. Plan on lightening your wallet.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the basic 42 XRGT and the 2x123 tube from Batterystation. Can't wait!! I already have the U 60 and love it, it is a awesome package!!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought mine figuring they would sell out fast and I could easily turn it around on BST. Well it seems like there is a pretty big supply, but who knows, they may be gone tomorrow or then again they may release the U85 tomorrow and lower the price on U60's.

Because it works so well on rechargables, has a great beam profile, a great switch, and I don't worry about treating it gently like some of my real premiums, it has pretty much become my go to light unless I really need something smaller or brighter which isn't the case 90% of the time.

conor

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered it......

I think Ill play with it for a while before ordering the UXOJ Emitter.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive had 3 HDS lights, only 1 could be modded, the other 2 were sealed tight. I wouldnt risk it!
-bobby

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Don't know about modding them, but my 42XRGT to me is a near-perfect light. Built like a tank, easy to operate and at $95 if (heaven forbid) I lost it, it would not be the end of the world.

I recently got the 2x123 tube for it for long runtime and battery storage.

To me, this is the perfect lite to really use day to day. Plus, I just like the feel of it for my sized hand.

I vote for your purchase!

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
conor said:
I just ordered it......

I think Ill play with it for a while before ordering the UXOJ Emitter.

No, no, no! You want the emitter and the B42 to arrive at the same time. When they do, you'll tear into the B42 like a monkey into a cupcake. Even before you've powered it up. In your haste, both emitter and B42 are destroyed. $110 down the drain. You'll be devastated, demoralized, depresed and bedeviled.

But the gauntlet has been thrown down. After crying yourself to sleep, you'll awake with a new determination. A new discipline. The drive to get it right the second time. Another 110 dollars later, you'll have done it right and feel great about yourself.

The sooner you become acclimated to tossing $$$ into this hobby, the better off you'll be. Trust me. I know of these things. You'll thank me in the end.

SCblur

Enlightened
congrats conor, hope you like the B42. An HDS was my most recent acquisition, and I am still tickled to death with what a wonderful light it is. I had a SF E1L that I no longer give the time-of-day to since I got my HDS.

Let us know your thoughts when you get a chance to play with it, and welcome to CPF!