Crocs shoes/sandals.

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure many of you have seen them. At first glance they appear odd, perhaps even a bit ugly. Well, a couple of months ago my wife had bought a pair of Crocs 'Athens' slippers and suggested I try a pair after raving about them. I'm not much a flip-flop wearing guy so I told her I'd pass. Anyway, she bought me a pair of the standard Croc 'Beach' models in black last week just to kick around the house with. I must admit I thought they were the ugliest things I had ever seen, but after wearing them for a few minutes and walking around in them I was sold. I decided to buy a pair of 'Caymans' in navy blue and a pair of 'Aspens' in khaki which came in very handy on my trip to New York City this past weekend. They come in a wide variety of styles and colors, but most importantly, they are extremely comfortable to walk in and very easy to clean. I highly recommend them.

CrocsCaymannavyblue.jpg
CrocsAspenkhaki.jpg

Last edited:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been noticing them around town on every teenager and kid I see. My mother in law recently bought a pair for my daughter, who does seem to like them. But I also always thought they looked silly... Perhaps I'll have to try on a pair ;)

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
Actually, they're manufactured in several countries now: Canada, Mexico and China if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Nice! a couple in my family have had Crocs, however you can find comparable for about half the price at Payless and Wal-Mart. I wear Ana-Techs in my store, tile on concrete floors. They are much easier on my feet than any other shoe I have worn. About twice the cost of Crocs and no breathing holes, extra cushioning though :)

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sister and brother-in-law wear them a lot.. They are far from teenagers.. :grin2: I think they bought them for the boat..

Lately I have noticed people wearing two different color ones.. I guess in an attempt to be different while being the same.. :huh2:
I would buy a pair if I come across them, I hear nothing but good about them..

analogguy

Enlightened
They do indeed have a look that only a mother could love, but they are the most comfortablest things to walk around in. I have gone through Tevas, Eccos, Keens and even Tempurpedic slippers to get to the Crocs.

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
I saw some imitations that cost less, but they just didn't feel as comfortable to me as the real thing. Crocs are ugly but comfortable as heck. Once you get past their appearance and try them on, you'll be amazed at how comfortable they are. Lots of people wear them. Medical personnel, boaters, cooks, gardeners and people who are always on their feet. They have open-toe models and flip-flop styles if you don't like the clog styles and the even have models specifically designed for diabetics and folks with sensitive feet.

Last edited: