Some newspaper
Loads of patience

Tools needed
Soldering Iron, best if around 30 watts <
10 fingers or toes dependin on which are you more proficient with
Pliers
Wire Cutters/Stripper OR scissors

Instructions
At the bottom of the SL6 LA, make a hole with the soldering iron, near the metal contact. Strip the red wire of 1cm of insulator. Proceed to solder the red wire into that hole at a flat angle so that it's not perpendicular, making sure some solder touches the metal contact. Wait for the solder to harden/cool. Make sure it's stuck inside and won't move around or drop off easily.

fcf33031.jpg

Take some news paper, tear of 2 pieces of 15 cm x 6 cm long pieces, fold it into half, so you get 2 pieces of 15 cm x 3 cm pieces (don't have to be too precise). Strip the black wire of around 2.5 cm of insulation and place it on the outer part of the SL6 LA and wrap the newspaper around the SL6 LA tightly. When you are done with 1 piece of news paper, over lap it with the other. When you have a well bandaged up SL6 LA, proceed to stick it into the 40mm diameter (Outer diameter) PVC pipe. Fold the newspapers in at the bottom parts to fit it into the pipe first. Make sure it's a really snug fit.

fcf33036.jpg

Finally, pop in your 6AA battery pack filled with either 6 rechargables or 6 alkalines (i would personally go the rechargable route since 1 amp for alkaline is BAD. Maybe someone can try lithium batteries?

Connect up the wires to the battery pack, fit in a switch of some sort that you like, either those sliding ones or those rocker ones. D.I.Y the sit somewhere on the PVC piping. Fill up the rear with some crumpled newspaper. Tah dah, your first self contain super Ghetto SL6 light with a 1+ hour run time if used with 1850 mah Sanyos (I manage 2 hours plus. But everything differs)

Please take note I will not take responsibility for any damage caused, directly, or indirectly by this mod. No burnt fingers insurance, no burnt up house because of short circuiting stuff. In summary, I am not responsible for what you do with this information.

Comments comments?
tongue.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This should have better throw than the 5 watt mod in a *ag *ite right? Do I get the award for having the most powerful AA light now?
grin.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Actually, I think Tex West gets the most powerful AA light award for now. It would be my 20 watt mod
smile.gif
Although all the guys working on the nighthunter or whatever it was project would also have it, but I don't know that they actually MADE a light out of it or were just wanting to.

Spud

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
**sob sob**

Nevermind, i will make a 50 watt one. soon I HOPE.

Oh boy.... 50 watts... that would take 24 AA nicds.... the price of the battery alone would kill me......

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spud,
I think you're right. It kinda shocks people when you pull out a 4D Mag & turn it on & it looks like a 12PM with the 500 lumen lamp. It is a awsume light. I'm wanting a Magcharger lens, but Brightguy has them on BO. TX