Who has oldest working LED flashlight???

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
From a reply by Flashaholic EMPOWERTORCH to WHISKYPAPA3's post

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000870&p=1

Quote:

I don't know whether this is the place to post about the oldest solid state torches we may have but it would be ineresting to find out the earliest dated modded or commercial solid state torch owned by CPF members!

Sounds good, here's mine, now show me yours...

WHISKYPAPA3's 1987 modded pen-light

fcf374a7.jpg

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by ElektroLumens:
Along with the oldest, how about we post about our very first modded flashlight that each of us did. You'd crack up if you saw my first one!
shocked.gif

Wayne J.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not LED flashlight, but I literally constructed my own mini-flashlite when I first noticed the "N" sized battery.

It enabled me to convert a Pep Boys key light (1 AAA) and Radio Shack parts into a much more powerful 2-"N" cell mini key-light with a 222 krypton bulb in 1985. Total length-3.25".

-I still have that little light today, and it works as well as always.
tongue.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, here is one of my first LED converter based flashlight mods.

It's a duracell Durabeam 2AA flashlight. I did this mod apparently back in the early '90s according to my lab notebook page.

proto-1-inside_sm.jpg

More images and info can be found here.
Durabeam DC/DC LED conversion

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not necessarily a flashlight, but, it does use LEDs. Here is my digital clock I built around 1975-1977. A total of 5 of these were ever built and mine is the only one in existance that I am aware of.

e1DCP_1625.jpg

Of course the inside looks even more messy.

e1DCP_1654.jpg

More info at:
Digital LED Clock

Wayne

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wayne--maybe it's just early but that doesn't look like a "regular" clock to me. How does it show time? I went to the page and read about it (Maybe you can buy some el-cheapo LEDs and do it over again) but you didn't spill the beans there either.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's private. I'm the only one that should be able to read it. That's the way I'm going to keep it too. Sorry, can't spill the beans.

Wayne

Ron Schroeder

Enlightened
Hi,

My first home made LED flashlight was in about 1970 with a red LED and 2 button cells and a resistor.

My oldest "factory" LED light was a demo "sample" of HP's first high brightness amber LED. It came in a little flashlight that held 2 AA's side by side and had a resistor. I still have it and it still works. I even remember seeing it in the last few months. If I run across it again, I will try to post a picture.

Latest posts