Acebeam        

Thread: Username change?

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

Shrug Username change?

Hey,

Does anyone know if we can change our username?

The reason being: I never intended my initials & bday to be my username - this was the first forum I've ever signed up for (and hopefully the last, given what it's done to my social life), and didn't know that it was going to be what I was stuck with!

Let me know!

Thanks,
    john

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Username change?

I think you can or used to any way, click on user CP and look around.
    Topper

Nope - don't think you'll find it in your control panel of options. There are numerous reasons to prevent users from changing their names for this or that reason at any ole' time.

Sometimes this encourages "double-registrations" as well and if caught - is justification for banning.

HOWEVER - I "believe" with good reason you may contact our Webmistress Sasha and she "may" be able to help you out if justified and of course depending on how politeful/respectful you are in asking?

Then again - I may have just made all of this up - didn't really get enough sleep last night and today seems so surreal?!
    -"Must control self"-

there is a field for user name in the cp

Why can I not find the link to the username change in the User CP??

I think Sigman may be right (not about today being surreal)...

I'll ask the all-powerfull Sasha...

If anyone finds the link in the CP, please let me know... maybe I am just - well, just let me know

I can't tell for sure, since my CP looks a little different than others (I think), but there should be an option in your CP for "edit profile". In that section there may be a field for user name. And then, there may not be. I don't really know all the differences in permissions between administrator, moderator, and users.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath
    I can't tell for sure, since my CP looks a little different than others (I think), but there should be an option in your CP for "edit profile". In that section there may be a field for user name. And then, there may not be. I don't really know all the differences in permissions between administrator, moderator, and users.
    I remember that option from the old software... change user name or login, or something like that. I can't find the option in what we're using now.

Just had JOshooter log in and go to his control panel/edit profile.

Yes the option is there to change his user name. He changed it to "JO" and clicked on "save changes".

He then went to some previous posts of his and his name was not changed. He then entered a new post in the Practice Posting Forum and it still did not change his name on the new post.

He also had to use his old name to log in - therefore, these actions would indicate that the member's option to change their username is not activated.

Bottom line - contact Sasha.
    -"Must control self"-

Thanks, Sigman. I guess that's that.

Geez... all the biggies posted in this thread!!! I feel so special!

I sent Sasha a PM inquiring about this, but it seems like you need a darn good reason to change your username... I suggested a donation to CPF might be somewhat of a good reason?

If not, I'll have to be OK with the fact that I'm the guy who doesn't like his username. We're on the internet, so I won't know if people point and laugh at me.

-John

I think IIRC mine was one of the last ones changed when this re-naming ability was disabled. Empath changed mine from CromagNet to CroMAGnet in protest of Maglite not puting out any LED lights.

Maybe I could ask for a change to Cromag.Net since I have that domain now?

I didnít even get to set up a username. My posts come up with my email address and I canít find a way to change it

What user name are you wanting?

Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jch79 View Post
    Geez... all the biggies posted in this thread!!! I feel so special!

If not, I'll have to be OK with the fact that I'm the guy who doesn't like his username. We're on the internet, so I won't know if people point and laugh at me.

-John
    Iíd like to point out that weíre on the internet, so you KNOW that people will point and laugh at you; you just donít always know exactly when or why they are doing it.
    Owner of the first full-on beamshot of The Beast II! (See avatar)