Dirt on streamlight 4AA pp lux's bulb?

pyro2525

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine today and looking into the reflector I noticed that there was some dirt on the emitter. Has anyone ever had something like this before? It seems odd coming from a quality company like streamlight.

Illum

Flashaholic
pyro2525 said:
I just got mine today and looking into the reflector I noticed that there was some dirt on the emitter. Has anyone ever had something like this before? It seems odd coming from a quality company like streamlight.

Welcome to CPF! :wave:

I used tweezers to pick off what appears to be green tissue paper fragments off the emitter w/o touching the reflector [dont want to screw that up]

I assume it came from the shipping of parts during or after assembly, if the dirt is on the emitter, take a air canister and blow it out...if its under the emitter epoxy...

:thinking: :ohgeez:
I dunno what to tell you.... someone will be by shortly

Enjoy :wave:

pyro2525

Newly Enlightened
I already got most of it off with a Q-tip making sure not to touch the reflector. Good thing is that it doesn't affect beam quality :)

pyro2525 said:
Supposedly you could ruin the finish on it. Which many people have done already.

The reflector is made of metal... I've wiped the inside of mine with my shirt... still not a problem.

cary1952

Newly Enlightened
I've wiped mine with the inside of a shirt also , and is scratches it.

Latest posts