What Are some good swimming Goggles?

greenLED

Flashaholic
A lot depends on the shape of your face and the area around your eyes. One of my buddies can't use the ones with foam around the edges - I feel like my eyes are going to pop out when I use the ones he has (no foam). IIRC, my bro had some with silicone seals.

The ones I have right now are Speedo, but can't remember the model (got them yeeeears ago).

drizzle

Enlightened
I was on swim teams for about 8 years and went through a lot of goggles. They were usually speedo goggles. Some leaked and some didn't. As I remember, the condition of the rubber seal (obviously new is best) and the adjustment of the nose band made the biggest difference.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need some goggles that wont fog up. Just as small as can be, but comfortable and Sleek. Thanks. Speedo is the Way to Go?!

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for some myself just a few days ago. On the internet forums, Speedo wasn't highly thought of. Tyr got some good reviews, so I bought Tyr Racetechs (smoke tint) at the local Sports Authority.

I have swum laps in them about three days now, and they are pretty good. I haven't had any fogging (I spit into them then rinse in fresh water first) problems. They have only leaked once today when I pushed off with my head down. The water forced in under the tops of the seals. I drained it at the end of the lap and was back in business.

I read that the rule of thumb is to get goggles that suction to your face for a few seconds without needing the strap. The Tyr Racetechs with silicone seals did that in the store. The Speedos with foam never even came close. The Speedos with silicone may work OK, but the Tyr Racetechs work for me.

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Raven. I will try to find some and make sure if i dont buy these to buy some with the Silicone Suction Face Mask!