Inretech 2AA question

Darkaway

Enlightened
After reading other posts here I have come to the conclusion that the Inretech 2AA white adaptor must be used with lithium batteries (ala Reactor) to achieve the best (brightest) performance. Is the same true with the red ones? I prefer to use NMH batteries. I would assume that the red one would be brighter on alks or liths than on NMH but how much brighter?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Darkaway:
After reading other posts here I have come to the conclusion that the Inretech 2AA white adaptor must be used with lithium batteries (ala Reactor) to achieve the best (brightest) performance. Is the same true with the red ones? I prefer to use NMH batteries. I would assume that the red one would be brighter on alks or liths than on NMH but how much brighter?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree on the whites, but I've no experience with other colors. You might try emailing some of the more knowledgeable Flashaholics.

Brightnorm

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI...The InReTech site and the LED Museum say NOT to use lithium AA's on the red AA MiniMag adapter. Thought you'd like to know...

PJD

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by PJD:
FYI...The InReTech site and the LED Museum say NOT to use lithium AA's on the red AA MiniMag adapter. Thought you'd like to know...

PJD
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If I am not mistaken, this warning refers to Inretech's Red/Orange adapter, which is only 4.5 lumens. I don't believe that the red adapter (25 lumens) should have any problems with accepting lithiums.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Dale

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the Red and the Red/Orange adapters have a slightly lower operating voltage and should not be run with Lithiums

The Red Luxeon Adapter running on Normal Alkalines is **INREDIBLY** bright

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I am not mistaken, this warning refers to Inretech's Red/Orange adapter, which is only 4.5 lumens. I don't believe that the red adapter (25 lumens) should have any problems with accepting lithiums.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Dale[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK,

You guys need to read the Luxeon data sheets.

Luxeon Emitter Data Sheet

The Red/Org 1W Luxeon produces 55 Lumens typical, not 4.5 Lumens. The Red/Org is the brightest Luxeon.

Now, which one do you want?

JohnG

Enlightened
Lambda,

Trouble is, InReTECH doesn't sell a red/orange luxeon adapter. That's why it's only $5.
Their red one IS luxeon @ $20.
SHIPINRETECH mentioned this in another thread, although their website doesn't make it very clear.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 of the Red/Orange ones would fit in a *ag 2C nicely I believe. 165 lumens is nothing to sneeze at either. Still I believe it's possible to squeeze 4 inside with collimators.... 220 lumens of orange/red irritatingness.....

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every color but red/org?????

Mike?
Patrick?

What's up?

Darkaway

Enlightened
Thanks for all the great responses guys (and gals?). I read the Luxeon Data Sheet but I'm still wondering if I can run a 2AA red Luxeon Inretech adaptor on 2 AA NiMH batts. I know that they will only put out about 2.4 volts when freshly charged but due to reading other posts here I'm concerned about their lower internal resistance blowing the emitter.