Playin' with the fireflies....

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
For some reason, the fireflies (lightning bugs) are still out and active here in Coastal Maine, last night, as i was walking out to my car, I saw a few of them flashing away.....

and of course, me being a Flashaholic, I had to get into a "flash" contest with them....

generally, if you see a firefly blink it's abdomen, you can respond with a flash of light yourself and they'll respond....

So, here's the results from my EDC's....

Inova X5 "Spotlight White"; quite a decent response, actually, it seemed to attract them, jad at least two come in and land on my hand when using the X5...

Fenix L1; this sort of disoriented them, they responded, but in a more halfhearted way

SureFire G2 w/ 3W BOG; "Heyyy....wait a minute, something tells me this guy's not playing fair here.....", the G2 seemed to scare them, too bright

SureFire 6P with P61 HOLA; "Now I *KNOW* he's not playing fair, screw you guys, I'm going home...." at this point, the fireflies no longer wanted to respond for some reason....

...they're just lucky I didn't have my green laser pointer on me at the time.... ;)

Latest posts