Electrically conducting adhesives?

moses

Enlightened
Very basic question for your pros as there is probably a bunch of products. What high strength adhesives also conducts electricity? Looking to glue some metal parts together and needing to have electrical current flow through them easily.

Apologies if this is such a basic question. I'm hooked now that I've been reading your posts for a while. Wow.

Thanks,
MO

highlandsun

Enlightened
How strong is strong? 3M makes a bunch of aluminum and copper foil tapes with conductive adhesive. A double-sided tape may do the trick, but I don't know what kind of strength you're looking for.

moses

Enlightened
Highlandsun, thanks for the reply.

In this case, tape won't work. Need some kind of physical glue that can fill some small gaps. Actually doesn't need to be as strong as epoxies but should be relatively strong, say like some of the better wood glues in terms of strength?

Thanks,
MO

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
moses,

Circuit Works CW2400 works very well, very conductive and very strong.

moses

Enlightened
THanks Lambda & FalconFX. Boy, you guys are great and this is a great forum. I'm getting hooked thinking up ideas for breaks.

Sincere appreciation,
MO

dangee

Newly Enlightened
fcec5cae.jpg

while not an adhesive this product has very good electrical conductivity and works well as an thermal heatsink compound. very sutible for the contact between the minimag or brinkmann and dat2zips sandwiches. it is available at most well stocked electronic stores.