Wizards and BB750 info?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw dat2zip's pic of "a modified Badboy 400mA converted to a Wizard 400mA and with CNC Dan's single AA extension tube I [Wayne] made a 3AA Luxeon 1W flashlight."

I want to know a little more about Wizards and BB750s such as best battery configuartion.

I'm trying to come up with information to correctly describe something I will eventually and humbly ask the alie...eh hem...ModMen to consider building.

I want a 5W RB in a light using AAs (preferrably AA NiMHs) in a linear configuration. It has already been confirmed *edit* (buy one of the Alien Consortium) that direct driving 6 AAs in a linear configuration would probably work. I also get the impression that one of dat2zip's upcoming creations may be appropriate.

Again, I won't be building this light as it usually takes me 4 attempts to reload a M***-M*g.

Thanks

MicroE

Enlightened
Icebreak---The "almost" version of the mod that you are looking for is actually quite easy. I have made several in green and cyan. You take a BB500 and drop in a 5W Luxeon and put it in a Brinkmann Legend 2AA. The 2AA WILL run the Luxeon at 2 or 3 Watts. If you really want to push the current up to 750 mA then you will probably need the third AA battery.

BTW, you will probably be disappointed with the quality of the beam from a 5W in a AA Legend or Mag. It's bright, but not very focused.---Marc

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
MicroE-

That explains allot. Throw is very important. I can't think of a head that would be able to reflect an SE and not look silly on a xAA barrel. Closest I guess would be McGizmo's Nexstar on a diet.

Thanks for the info.

PsycoBob[Q2]

Enlightened
For enought headspace (I tried making a AA version of my reflectorized mod) to have a useful reflector, you might want to consider a Brinkmann Legend LX. Lithiums (expensive, but keeps size down) are near the 5w's voltage needs, so the poor converter will be happy.

Is Energiser still making 6AA DoubleBarrels? If so, we need a custom aluminum head.