WTKP Light

Wylie

Enlightened
Hi all,
I thought I would drop in and let you all know how things are going with my WTKP (The Water Tight Key Pocket Light). I have made a few simple advancements by adding a brighter led and changing the spring in the switch. This has made them brighter and the switch works as a momentary and a constant on switch now. I have given a few away to some people I have been doing business with and friends. I have had some response that has made me take my little toy a little further and I may just go into production with them.
icon3.gif
I gave one to one of my customers, he has had me build a custom laser fishing rod for him and has also bought a few fishing reels from me as well. He is a construction worker and gets started early in the morning as many do. While it was dark he was using his WTKP to unlocking his tool box a few mornings after I had given it to him. He tells me that about six or seven people from his crew and others came around and started to ask questions about the little flashlight he had.
icon14.gif
He started to tell them about this guy (me) that toys around with building all different types of things and after he was finished these guys start asking if they can buy one. Turns out five of them wanted to buy one. From what I was told they like the fact that the WTKP is so small, bright and that it will fit into a key pocket. Others like them because of the shelf life the batteries have that is real good and they would be nice for a little emergency light they could store in a glove box or just have around just in case.
I also gave one to my Dad as a little Christmas gift. He can never wait to open things so he has seen the light now and he tells me he was floored by this little thing. He tells me they light as bright as the little mag lights and they are really cute little lights. Some of my other toys I have sent him gained interest as well but this is a flashlight forum so I will stick to the WTKP. I was really happy to hear this.
winkie.GIF
I made 15 of them and I think if I get anymore response like this I am going to have to go into production. It turns out the battery life is real good for such a little light but the cheap batteries I got from overseas probably could be brought up a step. I have not been able to loose that 1/4 of an inch I have been working on but if these go into mass production it should be pretty easy to do. I am going to check out some surface mount components and see what I can pull together for my next step.
I just thought this was pretty neat so had to let you folks know how things are going. If you missed the link to the picture I had posted on the picture hosts website here it is again. http://www.momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=23370
Keeping it real, bright
tongue.gif
Wylie