What is your pocket LED light?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a keychain light or holster light but a pocket light, something of which would ride unobtrusively next to the keychain such as say a small pocket knife might. I am thinking that kind of light might be my next purchase. I am not looking for an eyeburner but something noticeably brighter then the Arc AAA with a floody type beam and at least a couple of hours runtime or thereabouts. One thing that immediately comes to mind is the new Fenix P1. Would that take too much space in the pocket. I am wondering about the LRI Proton as well, especially given the AA factor. I could use a rechargeable AA and just change it out once a week or so. What do you guys use?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1 for me-it's burning up all my old 123s before I start using rechargeables in it. I'm going to throw in a UXOK emitter when I get around to it.
Thought it might replace my Aleph2 as EDC, but I wind up carrying both, and never noticing the difference. I've already "lost" it twice, leaving it in shorts pockets, and finding it when I do laundry.
Guess you could call that unobtrusive.

JohnnyB

Newly Enlightened
ARC AAA, it rides in the small "watch" pocket of my jeans and I carry it all the time. We have to dress "business casual" starting this fall, I'm not sure what I'll do then. Maybe get a gigantic belt holster LOL

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diameter is your biggest problem for a pocket light. I carry a Fenix P1 on a retractable Gear Keeper cable hanging from my belt, but for a pocket light, I carry a Fenix L0P. P1 is brighter, but it is .78" dia vs. .55" dia for the L0P.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a Peak Pacific with AA pocket body or Fenix E1

I think the Peak Pacific with AA pocket body is nice and small and has 12 hours runtime on lithium. The aa tube makes the light more balances and matches with the head diameter.

Or - a Fenix E1 that is really small. But if you want more light with around 2.5 hours runtime, there is the Peak Galcier Bay. This is a very small cr123 powered light with pretty impressive output for its size and very nice regulation - look at flashlightreviews.

Tightgroup

Newly Enlightened
Normally a Mclux III PD, but this week it has been the Orb Raw NS. I bought my wife a Fenix P1, which would also work very well in a front pocket.:grin2:

Todd

hurld

Newly Enlightened
Fenix L1T with r123 tube. nice and small(just under 3") super bright ,plus it's a 2 stage light with a clicky!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a big problem with this type of question on CPF. Before you asked the question, you had little or no information - that's why you asked. Unfortunately, with all the good lights available now, and with all the diverse opinions on CPF, you end up with so much conflicting information it's almost as bad, or maybe worse, than no information at all.

My advice - suck up as much of this information as you can stand then back away from it and sleep on it a couple of nights. After that take your best shot, but be prepared to buy one or two more lights before you feel like you've really got it right (for you).

greenLED

Flashaholic
I rotate a Fenix L1P, an Arc LSL-P, and a custom CR2 by tvodrd.

I guess you could call larger lights "pocket" lights, as I clip them to my pocket: L1, U2, e2e... but they're not part of my EDC.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
For the past week it's been a Ti PD, Orb Raw Ti, Orb Raw SS "Ti", HDS U60XRGT, Surefire U2 and a River Rock 2AA w/ Nichia Jupiter (although quite long of a light).

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
L0P on a landyard around my neck. Used to be an Arc but it quit working. The L0P is great...normally I keep a lithium in it...but use it only when I really need it. If I know I`m going to run it a while (play while sucking a beer down out back for example)...I put a rechargable in it, for an hour of silly fun. (Hey, you know...I`m 50 years old...I can play however I want...long as it`s legal). Only here, on CPF, am I considered sane...almost.

Ken

Last edited:

UWAK

Enlightened
Re: Maybe a Peak Pacific with AA pocket body or Fenix E1

SF E1L with F04 attached.

phosphor

Enlightened
The pocket light I carry is the Nightcutter Sport 5C....I think they have gone belly up.
It a VERY small 2x123CR cell light, sort of elegant and sleek with about 8 hours run time to 50%. It has almost a pure, white flood with a modicum of throw.....very similar to an Inova X5 but more diminutive. I usually don't require more in a EDC.

However just today I received my new HDS B42XR from The Battery Station.......the Nightcutter has now been out classed ....but not entirely retired. It's just too damn practicle and handy !

-Regards

Last edited:

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My shirt pocket usually has the Energizer 2AAA penlight recently. Sometimes I carry a Nuwaii QIII without the clip in my pants pocket. Otherwise I have a collection of Arc's, Peak's and Gerber Sonics I carry on a stainless bead chain around my neck.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
A E1L or the TW4 or the Arc LS. One of the 3 will be in the car all the time and the other two share pocket time.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova X1 fits nicely in my front pocket in the old style sheath. When I carry something larger it is an X5 or X0 slipped into my hip pocket which one reason I

LIKE THE OLD STYLE X0 and X5!!!!!

Just in case Inova is planning on dropping the slimline style lights for the flared head designs I hope they heard that...