Insides of the Laser Launch light show....

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Laser Launch light show, I found it for basically $30 plus shipping on x-tremegeek.com, here are the insides. It looks like the red module could be replaced pretty easily, yes? It does the standard simple patterns, sound activation, and knobs for the motors - not much really but fun I suppose. A cheap way of getting an already-made setup.... Gives me more of an idea of what I want and don't want, and what can be done....

laserlaunchinsides1.jpg

laserlaunchinsides2.jpg

Dj_sTyLz808

Newly Enlightened
Hey you should take that red diode out and just put your greenie there just to see the show with a much brighter laser =).haha.

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
Yea - where could I get a good, really low cost :) greenie to put in there - would I have to consider anything but wiring it in - power or anything??

Thanks.

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
You could probably get one, take it apart like you were going to do a pot mod, and swap the diode/boards out and solder the existing power leads directly onto the battery connctors. They are probably somewhat compatable.

Do those mirrors jsut spin, or are they on galvos?

Aiki1

Newly Enlightened
That sounds pretty simple.... :)

The mirrors just spin, so it has limited effects. I assume when they can move you can get some cool fanning effects?