Clearance of 12 LED Flashlights at Target

lumenal

Enlightened
I stopped at the local Target a couple days ago, and while browsing the auto parts section I noticed an endcap with Black and Decker LED products. There was an LED worklight, an LED "snake" light,as well as a 100 watt automobile power inverter.

What caught my eye was the 2 pack of 12 LED flashlights on sale from $29.99 to $14.98. They are chrome with the Black and Decker name on the side,(although manufactured by Vector).

Each blister pack comes with two 12 LED flashlights, 2 sets of red, amber, and blue lens covers, and 6 AAA Energizer alkaline cells.

According to the back of the package, the manufacture date is this year. Both lights I bought have a nice white "flood" type beam,like most other multi-LED lights. No artifacts,and the battery carriers of these 3AAA flashlights are some of the nicer ones I've seen. Not bad for $7.98 apiece.

And by the way, a Black and Decker 1 million CP spotlight,and the 100 watt power inverter (which includes a 5 LED strap-on headlamp), are also on clearance, down from $29.99 to $14.98.

Not a bad price for these items.

WNG

Enlightened
They were $19.98 at my local Target.
Under $10 bucks each may be ok, but I thought their bodies were a larger than necessary compared to other multi-LED 3AAAs.

lumenal

Enlightened
WNG- I compared the Black and Decker 12 LED light with my 3 other 3AAA lights. The Black and Decker is shorter than both the Dorcy Metal Gear and my Sears 1 watt Endurable, and its a tad bit longer than my Brinkmann 3 watt. The circumferance is roughly the same of all.

And you're right, just because an item may be 50% off at one Target doesn't mean it will be at another, although the prices usually do end up being the same, as long as there is still stock to sell.

DaveG

Enlightened
I bought the 2-pack 12-led lights. One worked out of the pkg and looked ok.Number two was N.G.wont turn on,returned both to Target.

tvman

Newly Enlightened
I found 4 of them locally clearance at $14.98. I think my $12 each 1.25w Elements (Sam's Club) are a much better value if you have access to club or a club member. I went ahead and got one 2pk but I will most likely return it as I can't see how it could come anywhere close to the Element.

tvman

Newly Enlightened
I returned the 2pk. I shopped needing an essential item (of all things toilet paper) and I got a free $5 gift card at the checkout. I am contemplating saving the gift card for future clearanced lights (maybe the innova x5).

Last edited:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I didn't see these lights on sale on my last trip to Target.

I'm waiting for the River Rock lights to go back on sale at 50% off like they were in February. I missed that one ... but will go hog wild if I catch that sale again.