This has been asked a million times...

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
but, where can one get some luxeon star 5w?

i have called future electronics, and they told me that they only sell in bulk.

so...where is everyone getting these? i need 2 for experimentation...

thanks,
Bob

Mutie

Enlightened
Yeah me too. In particular the royal blue ones after reading some comments on here about their UV capabilities.

theledlight.com states that they will have them in early 2003 and has an email notification for when they arrive. They don't have the royal blue ones though in their 1 watt that are available.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
luxeon told me i could purchase the LS in small quantity for experimentation from future. they stated that future is friendly, and eager te get the LS out to the masses. it makes sense to me, because if a person finds a marketable use for the LS, future may benefit!

i asked about both the 5w...and was told they only sell in bulk. i only wanted about 6. for some reason, my computer will not open the window on their website to view the order catalog with prices...maybe the zonealarm needs to be disabled...

Bob

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by pedalinbob:
i have called future electronics, and they told me that they only sell in bulk.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HUH??? I had never been told that... I once ordered only 3 emitters in one order and they never said anything like that. On the other hand, it might be because I have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of components from them - but not all at once.

I'd say to call back and talk to someone else and if they tell you the same thing, ask them what constitutes a "bulk order".

I ALWAYS recommend people to order their Luxeons through Future as they are pretty much the only game around except for Mark Hannah Electronics. Ordering from any other source pretty much invites you to buy their "dud" Luxeons, from my experience..

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I think you may have misunderstood -- perhaps they meant they only sell to Bulk, heh heh...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
But seriously, when I bought my first Luxeons they were from Mark Hannah. And last I checked Mark Hannah does indeed have 5-watters in stock, even the WHITE ones.

Ball in your court.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
at $41 per LED, they sure don't come cheap. What's the price that the group buy got?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Nerd:
at $41 per LED, they sure don't come cheap. What's the price that the group buy got?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There's an idea -- didn't Wayne/Elektrolumens have somethng put together? Surely some of the buyers would sell one or two Luxeons from their orders, and these are supposed to ship next month which, considering most people's normally hectic schedules over the holidays anyway, is pretty much perfect timing...