Huntlight FT01 lotsa pics.

x2x3x2

Banned
Nice gift box, reminded me of the initial batches of Fenix lights.
FT01box0.jpg

Inside, nice and neat.
FT01box.jpg

A closer look at the accessories. Both neck and wrist strap have quick detach clips.
FT01acc.jpg

A transparent pig figurine on the neck strap.
FT01glow0.jpg

It glows in the dark! :)
FT01glow.jpg

The light. Perfect checkering, no effects of bad machining can be found thruout.
FT01.jpg

Clip.
FT01clip.jpg

Tailcap has a solid look and feel. Great threading.
Remember to lube the o-ring here.
FT01tail.jpg

Body tube, walls are really thick. No complaints about build quality here either, really puts Nuwai's to shame.
FT01tube.jpg

Head has nice textured reflector and centered LED. Module can be removed for mods or simple cleaning out dust, nice threads.
Remember to lube the o-ring here too.
FT01reflector.jpg

Beamshot 1m from wall. Over exposed. Left: Fenix P1. Right: Huntlight FT01.
Great tint, pure white as far as my eyes or the camera can tell. Don't know if i was just lucky, no green/blue/yellow tint detectable.
FT01over.jpg

Beamshot 1m from wall. Under exposed.Left: Fenix P1. Right: Huntlight FT01.
Note that the FT01 seems a little warm cos the wall this was shot on is an off-white apple color.
FT01under.jpg

Final words? Buy it!
Great quality, great price (US$29.99 direct from manufacturer), fast shipping (arrived in 3 days).
I can go on and on telling you how well this light is made, it's solid feel even up to par with SureFires or it's smooth beam and great tint. Not to mention it takes 18650 rechargeables without any problems.
Some things to note is that the o-rings don't come lubricated and it's a reverse clickie.
If you have the $30 to drop, don't think twice about it.

Last edited:

Jasmes

Enlightened
All that for only thirty dollars? :eek:

I may have to make that my next light. :eek:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the earlier version from Emilion.

I did not receive a box or lanyard.

Different screw on clip.

Lower output.

But I still love this light! Great price.! Excellent beam tint!

Did your light come with a spare tailcap rubber boot and o rings?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

dsc02551small4fp.jpg

x2x3x2

Banned
Nope, it didn't coem with any extra tailcap or o-rings. Just the straps.

BTW, if anyone knows of a mod or replacement tailcap with forward clickie that will fit the FT01 please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
Nope, it didn't coem with any extra tailcap or o-rings. Just the straps.

BTW, if anyone knows of a mod or replacement tailcap with forward clicke that will fit the FT01 please let me know. Thanks!

Where did you get yours? I got mine from seriouslights.com and it took over 2 weeks to get it (ordered july 7th and recieved monday the 24th) and i didn't even get the lanyard and detachable clip combo. Although mine does have the same new clip just like yours and they did include 4 cr123a's.... I've put 2 protected rcr123a's i got from lighthound in and wow it is white...light intensity is similar to provided powerizer lithium cr123a's to the naked eyes but i'm sure someone with a meter may be able to quantify the brightness levels for the rest of us to analyze.

When i disassembled the light to add more silicone grease to the o-rings, the thread ends still had a sharp bur so be careful and smooth out the burs before lubing to avoid cuts.

Again just wish i've gotten it sooner. Just my 2 cents.

x2x3x2

Banned
i got them off ebay from the manufacturer as they list n sell them there too.

marxs

Enlightened
nice review :goodjob:

you wouldnt happen to have some beamshots of it outside at night would you?

Somy Nex

Enlightened
very nice =) i might have to make a small exception in my moratorium on light buying to try this out.

i like the gitd pig =) may it bring you wealth, prosperity and happiness, as in chinese myth =)

x2x3x2

Banned
@marxs
It' will be dark soon here, just about 7:15pm now. Will take some outdoor shots later but all urban landscape tho.

@Somy Nex
Get it bro, u wont regret it! :)

RickyT

Newly Enlightened
Outdoor shots will be great, haven't seen any of those yet.

You didn't get a belt pouch or was one not listed on ebay?

What's the difference in this new clip just screws that you need a special tool to turn now? Are they shiny and not black like the rest of the light or is that just flash?

marxs

Enlightened
great! :)

ive been looking and waiting for beamshots (aside from white walls and the one on their site) of actual usage to see how it fairs in the real world...

x2x3x2

Banned
Fenix P1 at 5m.
P1out.jpg

Huntlight FT01 at 5m.
FT01out.jpg

Hope those help, it doesnt get dark enough here to get a good visibility of spill beam in use.
Have to say it's much more evident how much brighter the FT01 is compared to the P1 in real life scenes compared to white walls :)

Last edited:

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
my huntlight ft01 has a brighter ceiling bounce than my fenix p1, but i'm not complaining since the fenix p1 can tailstand for candle mode and the ft01 can't so each will have it's own purposes.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FT01 I got direct from Huntlight ROCKS! I love it!

T-bin w/great tint, AR glass, AL textured reflector with perfect beam, very bright spill and long throw, great body build and finish, quality reverse clickie (bothers some, not myself), a really good clip that's done just right, 18650 li-ion compatible, and good looks to boot, for a great price. Well done, Huntlight! The only little things I can think of as missing from perfection would be the ability to tailstand, an HA3 finish and standard clickie that would allow momentary operation. You should also know that Huntlight doesn't seem to supply email order receipt or shipping confirmation; the light simply showed up via DHL around a week later.

I got this light primarily to use with 18650's. This is the sweet spot in li-ion batteries, much like the AA is for nickel based rechargeables. On a fresh, 4.2V cell, I measured around 650ma draw. On a partially (approx 25%) depleted cell, I measured 700ma - Regulated! Runtime should indeed be 2.5+ hrs. I would love to see a runtime graph and brightness comparisons on this light. With what I think the results would be, it would sell like crazy. I detected no brightness difference by my eye on 2x123 primary cells. And why use 2xR123 cells with only around 700ma capacity when an 18650 sports 2200ma? I'd like others to comment/correct me on this, but wouldn't the circuit be more efficient with a battery source voltage as close to the vf of the led as possible (without having to boost voltage)? Why spend current to buck when you can direct drive? I could be wrong on that, and welcome more info.

The overall feel of this light is of very high quality. It compares favorably with the best lights I own, including several SFs.

The overall size is a bit shorter than an A2, but wider in body and head. The ability to take the wider li-ions makes the light a bit Pila-WEish in feel and quality.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
NutSAK said:
$30 plus $20 shipping, right?

If you order from Huntlight.

1、HongKong post $5 (about 7 days)
2、DHL、UPS or other $20 (about 3 days)

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
ernsanada said:
If you order from Huntlight.

1、HongKong post $5 (about 7 days)
2、DHL、UPS or other $20 (about 3 days)

I'll take HongKong post for $5 for 7 days over Canada post for 14 days. $20 shipping in 3 days for a $30 light is too much for me.

I can do without the light if the shipping is 2/3 the cost of the light.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I ordered mine a few weeks ago from seriouslights.com...flipping held up customs.
rant.gif

Nice pics mate...will drool over them until I get my paws on the real thing!
icon15.gif

CFU