A big BUT to buy the SF U2

UWAK

Enlightened
I'm planning to buy the U2 and as you see I live in a far… far… away country from US. So there is no way I will send back the item or any parts for any complaints. I know this is a silly question perhaps, BUT can I find a very kind enough store that could help me by checking some major issue on the U2 before sending me the item?:bow::bow::bow:

What I mean by some major issues i.e.: no green tint (there will be any tint, but no green) and no noticeble donut hole, that's all. Cheers.

Frids

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I think the donut hole and greenish tint of the LEDs are a non-issue. My U2 has both but they do not affect the usefulness of the light. It still looks white to me in the dark (unless compared to another LED of different tint side-by-side) and the donut hole is only visible if the beam is pointed at something flat and uniform in color.

I have a lot of Surefires and the U2 gets the most use. For the $200 to $250 you can get them for, about the only light I would consider over it is a Surefire M4. The M4 is a screamer!!

UWAK

Enlightened
Thanks for your insights scott.cr. I think I'm more ready for the imperfections of this light. Sometimes we expect a lot of standard for such an expensive items, but at least I knew that some people do not consider the greeen tint or donut hole as a problem. Thx again. Cheers.

Frids

pyro

Enlightened
If one spends that much money on a light he should be satisfied and not have to live with imperfections.

If i were you i would look for a nice used one and ask the seller about your concerns.

Everyting IMO of course.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, try the buy/sell/trade forums here. Maybe you can post a want to buy on the U2 so then you can control what you get.