Here's what I did when the lights went out

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I live in upstate NY. We have rare power outages to say the least where I live. I am a suburbanite to a medium sized upstate city.

Tonight, I was at my fiance's home making dinner when a thunder storm cell hit. She lives five minutes away from me in another township. The lights there went our for about ten seconds. Everyone made a joke that I could save the day being a flashlight guy. With that, I pulled out my Inova X1 with the new lens and lit up the dinner table. Everyone laughed and then the power came on.

When I returned home, my power was off. An hour and a half later, my children walked around the nieghborhood and looked at the outage.

To my suprise, only eight homes were without power. The power company advised a 3 hour delay. They were right, down to ten minutes!

During the outage, my lights came into service. I will describe what actually happened and what acutally worked well.

First out of the gate were two River Rock lanterns from Target, that each teenager was given.

Then, I brought out five lights for them as well. A Sears Craftsman 4 AA one watt light, two River Rock 2 AA lights, one River Rock 2 c light, and one 3 watt2aa light from overseas.

The best light came out in the real dark. I had the kids turn on the Coleman red retro rechargeable 15 watt compact. That light was awesome.

We played cards by the Coleman for a long time until the crew got there. Then the crew advised tht they would be by in an hour to change the transformer. That is due in about 1/2 hour from now.

By the way, when I was looking at my collection, I chose my pelican M1 for my personal around the house light.

I had a Mag951 and a Remingotn 870 with extended tube that were chosen for my OUTSIDE the house solution. (Neither was needed)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had an opportunity like that, especially if it happened at my workplace. Like many other CPFers, my higher-ups don't believe in having working flashlights, so if there were an outage, they might start to see the light (pun intended).

Latest posts