spy 005 feelings

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The moment I held this beauty in my hand I knew I was holding a masterpiece.
Wow what a light. From the unique design to the very high quality execution I enjoy every moment I use this light.
I like very much the carry mode, holding the light in the palm of my hand switching the levels with my thumb and index finger. This is a fine mode of carry.
The beam is very nice which is to be expected with the high quality components used in the Spy 005.

This kind of OUT OF THE BOX thinking really propels these lights up to another level of flashlight design.
I EDC a Black U-Bin McLuxIII PD. I happen to believe in this light. I trust it and use it on a daily basis. I would most likely do the same with the Spy OO5 except that since it is a rare light I only have one and it is unlikely that I will ever own a second. I may never see another one for that matter. (For example outside of the shot show I have never seen another McLuxIII PD in person other than units that I own). I will use the Spy 005 in my home where it will be safe and sound. It will not be put away never to see action. The Spy is as much a tool grade flashlight as any of the PD series of lights. (though it may not quite as impervious to water as the Pd's are.)

To Make a long story short The SPY 005 is in my list of top lights made this year, maybe ever. If you ever have the chance to use one or better yet own one then by all means possible do so. Lights of this quality do not appear every day...even here on the cpf.

Yaesumofo

somelightscrsm.jpg

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spy is amazing! Its a shame more of them aren't out there. It has the feel of a surgical instrument as opposed to the tool like feel of an HDS. Plus it packs the power of two cells in a size that doesn't feel any bigger in your pocket than the HDS or PD.

or if you prefer car analogies:
Spy = Ferrari
HDS = Hummer
McLuxPD = BMW

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my books, the SPY005 is:

:buddies: THE FLASHLIGHT OF THE YEAR:buddies:

Period. And I can't believe I'm selling one of mine...... :ohgeez:

WP

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection you got there! Looks like you need more hands to play with all of them

AlexGT