Gift light suggestions...

havand

Enlightened
I'm currently doing a co-op til the end of August and wanted to get my bosses a flashlight as 'Thank you' gift. I was hoping for something similar to a Fenix L1, but even the chinese knockoffs are too much $$$. i'm looking in the <$15 range since I need 3 or 4 of these. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
RiverRock 2AAA lights at Target ($10)? RR 1AA light at Target ($?)? 12 LED Ghost II from Dae ($6.35 shipped)? One of the 1W Luxeon 3xAAA lights from Dae (all under $10 shipped)?

havand

Enlightened
Good suggestions. I was hoping for keychain type lights though...Not 1 has a light on their keychain...everything else, but no light.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stores are currently changing their inventory and displays for the fall and Back-to-School line-up. If you check out (you'll have to physically check at stores, anything posted here is probably useless since it will vary from store to store) places like Wal*Mart and Target, you may find close-out/clearance items that are within your price range and are a decent buy for the price. Other places may include some of the sporting goods store chains before they sell off the distressed inventory to scavenger places like Big 5 and Sierra Trading Post.

havand said:
I'm currently doing a co-op til the end of August and wanted to get my bosses a flashlight as 'Thank you' gift. I was hoping for something similar to a Fenix L1, but even the chinese knockoffs are too much $$$. i'm looking in the <$15 range since I need 3 or 4 of these. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, lights like the Photons could be bought for around the $15 area. Thing is they use small expensive batts. I have given many away as gifts, but find they are only used till the batt wears out, then they are tossed in the garbage when folks find out the price of the batts.

So I can`t recommend them for long lasting gifts. Hmm, A Fenix E1 is the lowest cost "keychain" light I can think off that uses common batts (AAA). But they run a bit more than you want to spend.

Maybe someone else can come up with better ideas...

Ken

greenLED

Flashaholic
havand said:
Good suggestions. I was hoping for keychain type lights though...Not 1 has a light on their keychain...everything else, but no light.
In that case, get some of those $1 keychain lights from CountyComm and spread the joy!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
check out the AA LED lights from Lighthound.com the have 5 to 7 LED configurations for $5 to $7. the ULTRAFIRE AA might be a bit pricy at near $20 each, but it appears to be a good value rivaling earlier Fenix models.

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
Just dont give any ones that uses lithiums to anyone who you think will

not care enough to pay attention to its warnings and dangers involved.

carrot

Flashaholic
Dorcy 1AAA? Nice little light. Some people like the one with the lens, some people like it without... I like it with the lens... but most seem to like the reflectored one. $5 at Walmart, leaving you with another $10 for something else. Or... how about a few Leatherman Micras? They're a little over $15 at Walmart.

GrnXnham

Enlightened
Jvalera said:
Just dont give any ones that uses lithiums to anyone who you think will

not care enough to pay attention to its warnings and dangers involved.

Warnings and dangers? I guess I'm in the dark on this one. What are the dangers of lithium batteries? So if I give someone an AA light, I should only drop alkalines in there? They might get hurt if I put a lithium in?