Want to upgrade the LED in my LionHeart. Need your advice.

LightHearted

Enlightened
Hi all,

I have a Mr. Bulk Lion Heart that was gifted to me (lucky huh), and I would like to upgrade the LED. It has I believe a TWOK star that is a far too purple for my taste. I guess not all TWOKs are created equal. I want to put in a UXOK. Any reason not to do this?

Also, I noticed that there is some thermal goo under the star. Can I scrape this off and reuse it for the new star, or is it best to clean and replace it with new goo? If new goo is needed, what type of goo is best?

Thanks for your advice,
Ken

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
X1= Warm White Tint
WO= White Tint
XO= Cold White Tint (Blueish)

Clean all the old thermal compound off with Alcohol and reply some artic silver.

Mac

LightHearted

Enlightened
What do you think would be the difference between using a UXOK and UXOJ in the Lion Heart? Any idea which would be brighter or better suited to the light?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
having had to replace a couple 'J bin' stars from lion cubs and lion hearts.. i can tell you that it's far better to use a K bin..

The best direct-drive for a single LiON is a "K bin" vF.. Get your hands on a UxxK and you won't be unhappy it's definitely the best match for a lion xxx.

When i went from TxxJ to UxxK my lioncub went from 1600 to over 2000 lux..

Be careful with the negative lead.. it's a sold wire you don't want to break it... it's a good idea to get some pro-gold on the ground stake as well when putting back together that is the Achilles' heel of the lionheart.

-awr

Latest posts