What luxeon tint is this?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been debating what tint does my KL1 TIR new generation has, its very white to my eyes but compared to a UXOJ in my LH and to the SXOH in my L2P it looks different, can't seem to nail the tint, sometimes I think its WO sometimes I think its YO and sometimes I think it's XO what tint do you think it is?. I used a White piece of paper as target.

LH with UXOJ Lux 3 on the left, L2P with SXOH Lux 1 on the center, TIR KL1 biased to 700ma in the right. What tint is it?

AlexGT

....................UXOJ Lionheart ........SXOH L2P ...............SF KL1 mystery tint

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bump! Anyone wants to take a shot at it? I am sure its on the *0 tint but not sure if its WO, YO, or XO but want to get another luxeon like that one.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello AlexGT:)

It's not easy to say, because on a picture it looks not like in reality.
On the pic it looks like the XO but IMO it could also be a X1 tint.

Best regards

____
Tom

HiltiHome

Enlightened
Hard to tell. Also your camera was set to automatic white-balance, when you took the pic.

Better set your camera to daylight, (if possible) and take a shoot like this:
p1000435hi5.jpg

Luxogen LR5-3W, Fenix P1 #1, Fenix P1 #2, white-balance: manuell, daylight

It's impossible to accurately predict a color from a picture. It's like trying to get a hardware store to match the color of a wall from a picture of the wall and expect the resulting paint to match.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know, but just want to get a second opinion for my next Luxeon led purchase, I may probably get a WO since I know how the XO looks like and think the YO may be too blue.

I think the KL1 has a warmer tint than my 2 XO's so I probably going to try the WO and see if I like it better than the XO.

Thanks all for your help

AlexGT