Surefire U2 - Bending the tailcap tabs

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I just received a new U2. It is the new style and the tailcap has 4 tabs. The light is great, but the tailcap click action is hard to press and wants to bind.

I searched and read about bending the tailcap tabs. I have bent them upward slightly and there seems to be some improvement. Can someone tell me how far upward I should go with the tabs? Is it ever recommended to try to lube the switch?

Thanks for any info!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bending the tabs won't help with the clicky action, unless I'm missing something. It will help the tail make electrical contact with the body.

I used the tip of a knife to bend the tabs on my U2. I wouldnt recommend bending them very much. Just enough to lift them up just barely so they'll make good contact with the body when the tail is installed. Better too little than too much. They seem pretty robust.

SF will send you a free tailcap if you contact them and tell them whats up. This is what I did before I figured out that the tabs needed some bending. Took me more than a month to get it, but by then I had figured out how to make the first tail work.

cheers