Some good news for a change!

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend and I got in an argument over something or other a couple days ago. We got over it and were in bed that night cuddling when, only half seriously, I said, "Marry me." No pause at all on her part, "Okay!" I showed her the thread about Lynn(Cajunbabe) yesterday and we both decided that we weren't going to wait. Today we went before a judge with our two best friends as witnesses and made it official. Some good has come of Lynn's death. :thumbsup:

Still feels odd but indescribably right to call Jess my wife. I hope it never goes away. We're packing up even as I type this to head to my place at the beach for the weekend, our honeymoon. We'll have a proper party next weekend. We haven't told anyone but our friends who were witnesses, so everyone keep quiet. :sssh: I'm only posting this now to raise everyone's spirits after what seems like so much bad news lately.

Cheers all! :buddies:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't there some expression with the idea that when a door is closed, a window is opened?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:party: :goodjob: :rock: :twothumbs :clap:

P.S.: Pics?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
WOW!! Congrats & only the best wishes for your new family! I almost feel like we were all there with you while you were getting married!! WOW!

Sounds kinda like my wife and I. We were friends, did lots of things together...one day I just said "You want to get married?" and she said "yes"!

We've been together 27 years now and have 2 GREAT sons (19 & 17)...EXCELLENT - it's a lot of work/give & take/patience though! Too easy in today's world to say "I quit, I'm out of here"...stick with it - treat each other well!

CONGRATS AGAIN!!! WOW!

greenLED

Flashaholic
Love this type of stories. My very best wishes and blessings to you and your wife!

I don't know how I managed as a bachelor, I wouldn't trade married life for anything.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Congrats! I hope you have a long and healthy marriage.Always treat her like you want her to treat you.

Orbit

Enlightened
big teary...
Congrats big D!
I wish you all the happiness you deserve.

ORB>

magic79

Enlightened
Outrageously cool!

Good for you! Never put off what you believe is right...days turn to months turn to years. When it's right, do it.

God bless and have a fabulous life.

dragoman

Enlightened
Good job! I love being married, there is nothing better than adding a kid to the mix!

Have fun, enjoy each other, and remember to talk about everything....

dragoman

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Diesel_Bomber said:
...snip... Today we went before a judge with our two best friends as witnesses and made it official. Some good has come of Lynn's death. :thumbsup:
...snip...

Congrats DB, and to MRS DB - I can still remember that strange feeling, and also the strange one the first time Mary called me "her husband"

No matter what anyone says, it's great.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Congratulations Diesel! What a beautiful thing to have done this with the thought of honoring Lynn as well. I wish you many happy, healthy years together.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel, I know that finding inspiration in tragedy like this and turning it into something so beautiful would make Lynn smile, indeed! :)

Congrats, Man!! :goodjob: