The sillyness of Surefires on eBay

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
I laugh every time I go through and watch the Surefire sales on eBay. People really have no clue what the prices are out there. I have seen some people pay some silly prices, even over Surefires prices. Every once in a while you can catch a good deal, but otherwise it is such a waste.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
For new ones, yeah, but older ones frequently seem reasonable. Especially compared to some of the prices here when someone gets convinced what they have is super-rare.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
I would have agreed with you RemingtonBPD. But I just today received my spanking new U2 (no doughnut) from your friend Chris at Meridian. It was here in 3 days. Oh, and I got it for $196 at auction on Ebay. Didn't seem that bad of a price to me.

I was actually thinking that since SF dealers seem to have to pretty much hold to MSRP, that Ebay might be a resonable place to get them more cheaply. If you get a reputable seller. Sometimes a big "IF", I know.

RemingtonBPD

Enlightened
cd-card-biz said:
I would have agreed with you RemingtonBPD. But I just today received my spanking new U2 (no doughnut) from your friend Chris at Meridian. It was here in 3 days. Oh, and I got it for $196 at auction on Ebay. Didn't seem that bad of a price to me.

I was actually thinking that since SF dealers seem to have to pretty much hold to MSRP, that Ebay might be a resonable place to get them more cheaply. If you get a reputable seller. Sometimes a big "IF", I know.

Yes there are deals on there, and Chris is usually one of the best...thats how I got hooked up with him. I guess in general b/c I know what the mark ups typically are, and what the retail prices are at the lower ones I have found most of the eBay deals are high.

ericg533

Newly Enlightened
What cracks me up is all of those listings that say "SureFire style"...

Oh how they wish they were SureFire. It's cute.

hburner

Enlightened
Yea I agree about every now and then you can get a good deal, BUT, I had one a new L4 (Surefire) and the seller had 100% positive feedback with 29 items sold. Until me, he then never shipped it and I had to turn him into ebay and they gave me my money back all but 25.00.

By the way the price on the L4 was 113.00. So even at good deals you can still get screwed on ebay, and anywhere else for that matter.
They then kicked him off ebay or so they told me in an email.

That's nothing unique to one particular brand of products. I see this with batteries, digital cameras, and other goods selling for well over etailer price.